Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students of Jammu/Kashmir 2019-20
Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students of Jammu and Kashmir 2019 – The Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of Jammu and Kashmir invites applications for Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students, Jammu and Kashmir 2019-20 from students of class 11 to postgraduate level.
- The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the ST category students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stages to enable them to complete their education.
- These scholarships are available for studies in India only and are awarded by the Govt. of the State /Union Territory Administration to which the applicant actually belongs i.e. where permanently settled
Offering this Scholarship
- The scholarship is being offered by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Scholarship Announcement Date: 15th July 2019
- Scholarship Closing Date: 31st October 2019
- Last Date for Defective Verification: 15th November 2019
- Last Date for Institute Verification: 15th November 2019
- The scholarships are open to nationals of India
- These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post-matriculation for post-secondary courses pursed in recognized institutions with the following expectations:
- Scholarships are not awarded for training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Courses and Private Pilot Licence Courses at Training – Ship Dufferin (Now Rajendra) Courses of training at the Military College, Dehradun and courses at pre-examination training centres of all India and States-levels
- Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, wish to study for another professional e.g. LLB after B.T. /B.Ed. will not be eligible. From the academic year 1980-81, however, studies in two professional courses are allowed
- Students studying in Class XI of Higher Secondary Schools with have a continuous school courses of 12th Class will not be eligible. However, in cases where the X class examination of such courses is treated as equivalent to Matriculation and students after passing 10th class can join other courses, such students will be treated as post-matric students and will be eligible for the award of scholarships
- All the eligible Scheduled Tribes candidates will be given scholarships subject to the application of Means Test prescribed in these Regulations
- Candidates belonging to one State but studying in other State will be awarded scholarships by the State to which they belong and will submit their applications to the competent authorities in that State. In the matter of exemption from fees or other concessions also they will be treated as if they were studying in their own State
How to Apply
- Application Forms can be downloaded from the website https://scholarships.gov.in
- Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps.
- Step 1: Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on ‘New Registration’.
- Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and ‘Continue’.
- Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
- Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
- Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
The last date for application is 15th November 2019.
Site Best Viewed In, IE-6+, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari etc, Tel.: 0120 – 6619540, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website https://scholarships.gov.in/