Post-Matric Scholarship for Students from Minority Communities
Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority Communities 2019 – National Scholarship Portal, Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India has been awarding Post Matric Scholarship for the students belonging to the Minority Communities pursuing higher education from Class IX upto PhD in a Government or Private higher secondary school/college/University Technical and vocational courses (other than those listed under Merit-cum-Means Scholarship scheme) in Industrial Training.
- The objective of the scheme is to award scholarship to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of minority community so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education, increase their rate of attainment in higher education and enhance their employability.
- The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private higher secondary school/college/university, including such residential institutes of the Government and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned.
|Scholarship Closing Date||October 2019|
|Last Date for Defective Verification||October 2019|
|Last Date for Institute Verification||October 2019|
- The scholarships shall be provided for the entire course of the academic year. Maintenance allowance will be given as fixed lump sum amount for 10 months in an academic year 2019-20.
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh.
Earmarked for Girls Students
- 30% scholarship is earmarked for girls students of each minority community in a State/UT which is transferable to male students of that community in case of non-availability of female students in that community in the concerned State/UT. 30% is the floor and not the ceiling for eligible girl students.
- The scheme is implemented through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). It is mandatory for all students to apply online on the website i.e. www.scholarships.gov.in
- Instructions Related to Bank Account Details (to be filled by the students in online application form are as under):
- Students must select their bank/branch name carefully from the dropdown list.
- Thereafter the complete account no. must be entered correctly. Students are suggested to get their account number verified by their concerned Bank Branch including Bank account number and IFS Code.
- Disclaimer (*If bank details entered by students are found incorrect or not validated by the student’s bank, the scholarship will be canceled/amount will not be transferred even though the application is approved for scholarship).
- Bank Account holders must check their ‘Know your Customer’ (KYC) status from bank and if required the KYC must be done for successful transaction of scholarship amount.
- Bank Account must be operational/active till the scholarship is disbursed.
- Bank Account must be preferably in any scheduled Bank with core banking facility and proper IFS Code.
- Bank Account must be in the name of the student/applicant only.
11th Floor, Pandit Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003