Post Matric Scholarship for SC/ST
Post Matric Scholarship scheme is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme and implemented through State Government and UT administration. The Scheme provides financial assistance to the Scheduled Caste students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their education. These scholarships are available for studies in India only and are awarded by the government of the State/Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs i.e. permanently settled.
For SC/ST Undergraduate degree program students studying in Agricultural Universities (State Agricultural Universities, Allhabad Agricultural Institute Deemed University, Central Agricultural University, Central Universities having Agriculture faculty and ICAR Institute based Deemed to be Universities)
How to Apply
- One copy of the application for scholarship in the prescribed form (separate application forms as have been prescribed for ‘fresh’ and renewal scholarship by concerned States/UTs).
- One copy of the passport size photograph with signatures of the student thereon (for fresh scholarship).
- One attested copy of certificates, diploma, degree etc. in respect of all examinations passed.
- A certificate (in original) of Caste duly signed by an authorized Rev enue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- An income declaration by the self – employed parents/guardians, stating definite income from all sources by way of an affidavit on non – judicial stamp paper. Employed parents/guardians are required to obtain income certificate from their employer and for any additional income from other sources, they would furnish declaration by way of an affidavit on non – judicial stamp paper.
A receipt in acknowledgement of the scholarship in the previous year on the form attached to the application only duly counter – signed by the Head of the Institution concerned, if the applicant was in receipt of a scholarship under this scheme in the preceding year.
Application complete in all respects shall be submitted to the Head of the Institution, being attended or last attended by the candidates and shall be addressed to an officer specified for this purpose by the Government of State/Union Territory to which the student belongs, in accordance with the instructions is sued by them from time to time.
The last date for application is
SCO 42-44, Sector 17 A,
Chandigarh – 160017