Post-Matric Scholarship for Minorities of Karnataka
The Government of Karnataka has announced Post Matric Scholarship 2017 for minorities with an aim to encourage and provide financial assistance to the minorities so that they can continue their higher education.The scholarship is mainly for communities like Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis, and Jains.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must-
- Belong to the minority. Note- Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis, and Jains come under this category.
- Have scored 50% marks and above in their previous Semester ( for semester wise courses) or previous year (for year wise courses).
- Not have the annual income of the Parents/ Guardians from all sources more than Rs.2 Lakh.
- Have domicile of Karnataka. Note- Students of Karnataka domicile studying in other states are also eligible to apply in Karnataka.
- Students pursuing correspondence education and certificate courses or training are not eligible.
- Students of other states studying in Karnataka are not eligible to apply from Karnataka.
How to Apply
Follow the steps in order to apply-
FRESH – PROCEDURE –
Step 1- Click here to go to the website.
Step 2- Click on “New User? Register”.
Step 3- Read the guidelines carefully and click on “Continue” button.
Step 4- Select the state of domicile as Karnataka and fill in all the details.
Step 5- Check Aadhar consent in the check box.
Step 6- Click on the “Register”. Note- Student registration ID will be displayed.Note down the Student Registration ID number for further reference and inquiries.
Step 7- Click on “Continue” to open the login page.
Step 8- Re-Login using Student Registration ID Number and Date of Birth in format (DD/MM/YYYY). Note-After Login, Student will get OTP of 5 digits on Registered Mobile Number.
Step 9- Confirm OTP & Change password accordingly.Note- It will take to Student’s Home Page.
Step 10– Click “Application Form” and enter Registration Details, Academic Details, and Basic Details.
Step 11- Click on “Save & Continue” to Switch on to Next Page.
Step 12- Enter your contact details and choose the scheme.
Step 13- Select “MERIT CUM MEANS SCHOLARSHIP SCHEMES MINORITIES CS” for Merit Cum Means courses (Including Listed Institutes).
Step 14- After selecting the scheme, in the same page -an Upload Document section will be displayed – upload the documents therein.
Step 15- Click on Final Submit and take a print on clicking the print button for reference and as an Acknowledgement.
The last date for application is
Directorate of Minorities, 20th Floor, Vishveshwaraiah Tower, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Veedhi, Bengaluru-560001 Fax No. 080-22865958, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org https://gokdom.kar.nic.in/index_en.asp