PMSS 2019 for wards of CAPF, AR and State Police Personne
PMSS for wards of CAPF, AR and State Police Personnel 2019-20 – The Welfare and Rehabilitation Board (WARB), Ministry of Home Affairs invites applications for Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme from the dependent widows and wards of Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles personnel and dependent wards of State Police personnel to pursue the first professional degree at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) under the aegis of the National Defence Fund, was introduced from the academic year 2006-07 to encourage higher technical & professional education for the dependent wards & widows of Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles (CAPFs & AR) Personnel.
- From the academic session 2019-20, this scheme had further been extended for the dependent wards of State Police Personnel who are martyred during Terror/ Naxal attacks
- Scholarship Announcement Date: 6th November 2019
- Scholarship Closing Date: 15th December 2019
- Scrutiny/verification & confirmation of application by College/Institute/University to be done during 16th -31st December 2019
- Scrutiny/verification & confirmation of application by CAPFs & AR 01st -15th January 2020
- Merit List Preparation and LOT Generation Phase: 16th -26th January 2020
- Processing for sanctioning of scholarship by R&W Director, MHA from PMO: 27 January – 5th February 2020.
- Disbursement of scholarship amount to be done during: 16th – 28th February 2020
- Dispatch of personal letters from Hon’ble Prime Minister in appropriate language from WARB/CAPFs/AR: 15th March 2020
For CAPF’s and Assam Rifles
- Wards/widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel died in harness/election duty, wards of personnel disabled due to causes attributable to Government service and Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards.
- Wards/widows of retired and serving CAPFs & AR Personnel. (Personnel below Officer Rank)
- Pursuing first professional degree programme in the field of Engineering, Medicine, Dental, Veterinary, BBA, BCA, B. Pharma, B.SC (Nursing, Agriculture, etc.), MBA and MCA etc. in accordance with the guidelines as mentioned in Para- 8 (B).
- Having minimum 60% marks in Minimum Entry Qualification (MEQ) i.e. 10+2/Diploma/ Graduation or equivalent in case of new applicant.
- For applicants applying under renewal category, it is mandatory to pass the each subsequent academic year of the professional courses being pursued by them with minimum 50% marks.
- A grace period of one year only for cases, where there is a delay on part of candidate for submission of application for renewal of scholarship may be entertained
How to Apply
- From the academic year 2019 -20 onwards, the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) for CAPFs & AR is being implemented through National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
- All the eligible applicants need to apply online on the website of National Scholarship Portal (NSP) on or before 15th December 2019.
The last date for application is 15th December 2019.