Prime Ministers Research Fellowship PMRF 2019
Government of India is offering Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Studies (PhD) in IITs and IISc aimed at attracting the best talent.
- The Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF) Scheme is aimed at attracting the talent pool of the country to doctoral (PhD) Programs of Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for carrying out research in Cutting Edge Science & Technology domains, with focus on national priorities.
- Under the PMRF scheme for PMRF December 2019, students who have completed, or are pursuing, the final year of 4-year Undergraduate or 5-year Integrated MTech or 5-year Integrated M.Sc. or 5-year Undergraduate-Postgraduate Dual Degree Programs in Science & Technology streams from IIEST/IISc/IITs/NITs/IISERs and centrally funded IIITs are eligible for admission to full time PhD Program in the IITs & IISc provided they fulfill prescribed eligibility criteria and finally get selected after short listing/written test/interview
- For each hosting IIT & IISc the PhD admissions under the PMRF scheme will be supernumerary
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time Doctoral Studies (PhD) in IITs and IISc.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
PMRF 2019 Scholarship Award
- Applicants who fulfill the eligibility criteria, and are finally selected through a selection process, will be offered admission to PhD program in one of IITs/IISc with a fellowship of Rs.70,000/- per month for the first two years, Rs.75,000/- per month for the 3rd year, and Rs.80,000/- per month in the 4th and 5th years
- Apart from this, a research grant of Rs.2.00 lakh per year will be provided to each of the Fellows for a period of 5 years to cover their academic contingency expenses and for foreign/national travel expenses
- The Deadline for Submission of Applications is 11.30 pm, 15th October 2019
- Also applicants who have already submitted the applications can modify Section 2 of their application till 11.30 pm, 15th October 2019
- Have completed or be pursuing the final year of four (or five) year undergraduate or five year integrated M.Tech or five year integrated M.Sc. or 2 year M.Sc. or five year undergraduate-postgraduate dual degree programs in Science and Technology streams from IISc/IITs/NITs/IISERs/IIEST and centrally funded IIITs. These candidates should have secured a CGPA/CPI of at least 8.0 (on a 10-point scale). For applicants in the five year integrated or dual degree programs, if separate CGPAs/CPIs are awarded for UG and PG parts of the programme then the CGPA/CPI of UG part (first four year) will be considered, OR
- Have completed or be pursuing the final year of four (or five) year undergraduate or five year integrated M.Tech or five year integrated M.Sc. or 2 year M.Sc. or five year undergraduate-postgraduate dual degree programs in Science and Technology streams from any other (not covered in a.) Institute / University recognized in India. These candidates should have secured a CGPA/CPI of at least 8.0 (on a 10-point scale) or equivalent till the last semester and have secured a score of 750 or higher in the respective GATE subject. OR
- Have qualified GATE and be pursuing or have completed M.Tech. / MS by Research at IISc/IITs/IISERs ( hereafter referred to as host institutions) having a minimum CGPA or CPI of 8.0 (on a 10-point scale) at the end of the first semester with a minimum of four courses. Those candidates who are applying after the first semester, the CGPA or CPI requirement of 8.0 will be based on all the courses, labs, thesis that the candidate has completed. This is applicable to above eligible candidates at the time of application.
- Have completed the required academic qualifications in (a), (b) or (c) in the preceding three years from when the application is submitted.
- The selection process for the PMRF will be a rigorous process consisting of Screening by the Reviewers, and final selection by the Selection Committee for each research vertical to ensure competition, standardization, transparency and selection of the best talent. The process may also include written test and/or discussions, if necessary. The allocation of Institute shall be done in the following manner:15th October 2019The selection process for the PMRF will be a rigorous process consisting of Screening by the Reviewers, and final selection by the Selection Committee for each research vertical to ensure competition, standardization, transparency and selection of the best talent. The process may also include written test and/or discussions, if necessary. The allocation of Institute shall be done in the following manner:
- For each subject area, the Selection Committee constituted by the NI will will conduct the interviews and select candidates.
- The allocation of Institute for the doctoral study would be done keeping in view the choices of the selected candidates and the availability of academic and other infrastructure.
How to Apply
- Apply online at: https://dec2019.pmrf.in/applications/index.html
- In the online application form all fields and attachments are required except for the broad discipline field. For the broad discipline field at least one broad discipline is required.
- Give specific area of study(100 words)
- Abstract of project proposed (1000 words)
- Detailed abstract to be uploaded
- Deliverables and expected outcomes
- Contact for PMRF Scheme
- Send an email to [email protected] for application related support
- For additional degree(s) beyond qualifying degree and employment related details, additional information is required if applicable.
The last date for application is 15th October 2019.
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad,
Kandi, Sangareddy – 502285, Telangana,
INDIA, Email:[email protected],