PGIMER Fellowship and Postdoctoral Fellowship Dates, Eligibility, Application
PGIMER Chandigarh Fellowship and Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020– Applications are invited from the interested candidates for admission into the Fellowship and Post Doctoral Fellowship Programme for the July session of year 2019
|Start of Fellowship/ Post doctoral Fellowship online Application on PGI Website||16th April 2020|
|Fellowship/ Post doctoral Fellowship (July, 2020) application closes||16th May 2020|
|Computer Based Entrance Test||14th June 2020 (Sunday)|
|Expected date of declaration of result||20th June 2020|
- The candidate must have completed the required qualification/ experience mentioned against the fellowship/ Post doctoral fellowship on or before 30th June 2020 and the qualification, recognized by the Medical council of India (MCl).
- Must be registered with Central/ State Medical Registration Council
- Must be within the prescribed age limit as on 01st July 2019 as detailed below:
- General Category: 35 years
- SC/ST candidates: 40 years
- OBC candidates: 38 years
- Ex servicemen and commissioned officer including ECO, SSCO who have rendered or released on satisfactory assignment: 40 years
- Sponsored candidates from other state government: No age limit
Selection Process for PGIMER Chandigarh Fellowship and Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020
- Selection of candidate for Fellowship PGI courses is a two-step process, with a Theory Examination followed by a Practical Examination. The theory examination will consist of a paper with two parts (Part 1 – General, and Part 2 – Specialty), each with 30 marks.
- Part 1 will consist of 30 multiple choice questions of MD/MS/DM/M Ch. level, each with four options and a single most appropriate response. Part 2 of the paper will consist of 30 multiple choice questions related to Fellowship PGI & Post-doctoral Fellowship PGI, each with four options and single correct response. Total duration of the theory examination is 60 minutes. Each question correctly answered in Part I & part II will be awarded one mark, with 0.25 negative marking for wrong answers.
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in this theory examination. Separate merit list will be prepared for each subject and for each category (i.e. General and Sponsored/Deputed). Eligible candidates will then be considered for a practical examination to be conducted by the concerned department. To qualify for practical examination a candidate (general and sponsored/deputed/ Foreign national) must obtain at least 30 marks in the Theory examination. The number of candidates eligible to appear in the practical examination will be FIVE times the number of seats to be filled in each subject, and in each category of candidates, provided the candidates score more than the cut off marks mentioned above. Candidates will be invited for the practical examination strictly in order of merit in the respective category based on the marks obtained by the candidates in theory paper. The practical examination conducted by the respective departments will have a weightage of 40 marks. Neither the candidates, nor the Departmental faculty conducting the practical examination, will be aware of the theory marks. The theory and practical examination marks will be added to obtain a final aggregate score (with a maximum of 100 marks). Candidates (both general and sponsored/deputed) who score at least 50 marks will qualify for a final interview with the Selection Committee.
How to Apply
- The candidate should fill his/ her online application form available on the PGI website www.pgimer.edu.in. He/she should fill all the fields/columns of the form. No fields/columns should be left blank. After filling application form the candidate should deposit the application fee through payment gateway.
- The fees for Gen/OBC/Spon/FN candidate is Rs. 1000/-
The last date for application is 16 May 2020
PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh-160012,
Website : www.pgimer.edu.in