NEC Under Scholarship DTE, Assam
The Directorate of Technical Education, Assam, invites applications from eligible candidates for scholarship (fresh) under NEC scheme 2016-17 [Under the Scheme “Financial support to the students of NER for Higher Professional Courses”].
The present rate of stipends and subject/course
- Diploma: Rs. 900 pm, Book-grant: Rs 1000pa.
- Degree: Rs.1000pm, Book-grant: Rs 1400pa.
- Post-graduate: Rs. 1200pm, Book-grant: Rs 2000pa.
- PhD / M. Phil.: Rs. 1500pm, Book-grant: Rs 3000pa.
- The minimum qualifying marks to apply for the Scholarship shall be 75% in PCM/PCB for General/OBC/MOBC and 60% in PCM/PCB for SC/ST candidates in the relevant qualifying examination for Diploma, Degree and Post Graduate courses.
- The candidate must have a valid Bank Account (Preferably in SBI) and details to be submitted along with the application. (Bank name, A/c No., Branch Name and IFS Code). Photostat copy of the front page of Bank Account Passbook must also be enclosed with the application.
- The stipend and book grants are open only to a candidate who is a permanent resident of State of Assam. The Residential Proof/Certificate should be issued by the Deputy Commissioner of the district. Certificate from any other authority will not be accepted. However, for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe applicants, the Caste certificate issued by the competent authority may be considered as P.R.C.
- The candidate should posses the relevant qualification from any recognized Institution. An original certificate from the Institution of study must be produced by the candidate.
- The student must not be in receipt of any other financial assistance from any other sources. A sponsored candidate under full employment during the period of study shall not be eligible to receive the stipend.
- Financial assistance of Stipend/Book-Grants shall be admissible to students taking admission in to the 1st year/entry level of the courses as shown below during the year 2016-17 specified in the list of subject and courses in all institutes recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development/respective Ministry of the Govt. of India.
How to apply
Candidates must apply online from 26th September 2016 to 31st October, 2016 and take print-out after online submission, and submit it to the Principal/Head of the Institution, along with the necessary copy of certificates/testimonials.
- The Principal/Head of the Institution are to send the documents to The Director of Technical Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati-781019
|Start Of Application||Octomber 2019|
|Last Date Of Application||November 2019|
|Application Scrutinization and Shortlisting Of Candidates||December 2019|
|Declaration Of Result||January 2020|
|Disbursement Of Shortlisted Condidates||March 2020|