National Scholarship Scheme for Girls for Secondary Education 2019
National Girl Child Secondary Education Scholarship 2019 – National Scholarship Scheme for Girls for Secondary Education 2019-20 is organized by Government of India. Application are invited form students studying in class 9 (girl students belonging to SC/ST communities)
- National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme with the objective to establish an enabling environment to reduce the drop-outs and to promote the enrollment of girl children, mainly belonging to SC/ST communities in secondary schools.
- According to the scheme, a sum of Rs.3000/- is deposited in the name of eligible unmarried girls as fixed deposit on enrollment in class IX, who are entitled to withdraw it along with interest thereon on passing X Class and attaining 18 years of age.
- Application – Open till 15th October 2019
- Last Date for defective verification: 31st October 2019
- Last Date for institute verification: 31st October 2019
- All girls belonging to SC/ST communities who pass class VIII and
- All girls who pass VIII examination from Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (irrespective of whether they belong to SC/ST) and enrol in class IX in a State Government, Government-aided and Local Body schools
- To be eligible for the benefit under the scheme, the girl should be unmarried and should be below 16 years of age (as on 31st March) on joining class IX
How to Apply
- The Application Performa has been made available to District Education Officers/Principals of the schools in hard copy
- It can also be downloaded from National Scholarship Portal www.scholarship.gov.in by the District Education Officer; the performa can be filled up by the student/school in excel sheet
- The information of all the students of a school will be compiled in excel sheet and verified by the Principal of the school, which will then be sent to District Education Officers either through the mail or in CD and hard copy
- The District Education Officer (DEO) will login with user ID and Password generated by the State Nodal Officer and sent on registered mobile number of DEO
- Aadhaar Enrolment ID (EID) can be used in case Aadhaar number of the student is not available. However, Aadhaar seeded Bank Account number is to be provided latest by 31st October for making disbursement of scholarship
- National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education (NSIGSE) falls within the category of pre-matric scholarship.
The last date for application is 31st October 2019.
National Scholarship Portal
Site Best Viewed In, IE-6+, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari etc, Tel.: 0120 – 6619540, Email: [email protected], Website https://scholarships.gov.in/