The Department of School Education and Literacy, Government of India, Invites applications for National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) 2012-21.
No of scholarships:
One lakh scholarships
Rs.12,000/- per annum (Rs.100/- per month) are awarded to selected students of class IX every year and their continuation/renewal in classes X to XII for study in State Government, Government-aided and Local body schools under the scheme.
The last date for application – 31 October, 2020.
– The awardees should get clear promotion from class VIII to Class IX for being eligible for starting the scholarship.
– The scholarship at the secondary and higher secondary stage or equivalent classes IX to XII is payable for a maximum period of four years for studies in India only.
– No scholarship at this stage is payable for studying diploma/certificate level courses.
– For continuing the scholarship in class X and XII, the awardees should get clear promotion from class IX to class X and from class XI to class XII in the first attempt with 55% marks (relaxable by 5% for SC/ ST students).
– The awardees must obtain a minimum of 60 per cent marks in Class X (relaxable by 5% for SC/ ST students) examination or equivalent examination for continuation of the scholarship at higher secondary stage.
– In case an institution/ school does not conduct an examination at the end of Class IX and/ or Class XI, the scholarship for the second year will be continued on the submission of a certificate to this effect from the Head of the Institution/School.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply online only.
The last date for application is 31 October, 2020.
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link https://scholarships.gov.in/public/schemeGuidelines/NMMSSGuidelines.pdf