National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students
Ministry of Tribal Affairs is inviting applications for the National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students 2019-20 from ST students pursuing professional courses at Graduate/PG level and M.Phil/PhD level. Under this scheme, ST students are given financial assistance so as to encourage them pursue higher education.
Last date to submit application: 15 November 2019
Last date for defective verification: 15 November 2019
Last date for institute verification: 15 November 2019
Students belonging to ST category need to fulfil the following criteria to receive fellowship/scholarship award.
- An applicant must have passed the post-graduation examination.
- An applicant must get admitted or registered for a regular full-time M.Phil/PhD programmes in institutions recognized by UGC under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act/ICAR.
- To qualify for the Senior Research Fellowship, the applicant must fulfil the prescribed UGC/ICAR norms.
- The applicant must have taken admission in the institutions notified and identified by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- The annual family income of the student should not be more than INR 6 Lakhs.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps –
Step 1: Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on ‘New Registration’.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and ‘Continue’.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type, gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
The last date for application is 15 November 2019.
Phone: 0120 – 6619540
Email: [email protected] https://scholarships.gov.in/