The Ministry of Minority Affairs provides an opportunity to the students belonging to six Minority communities notified by the Government of India (Jain, Buddhist, Sikh, Zoroastrian (Parsis), Muslim and Christian) for Merit cum Means scholarship for professional and technical courses for the year 2020-21.
Rate of Scholarship
Rate of Scholarship Course Fee
Rs. 20,000/- per annum subject to actuals whichever is less (for both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
Rs. 1,000/- per month for Hosteller
Rs. 500/- per month for Day Scholar
Scholarship for listed institutes
Full course fee is reimbursed for 85 listed Institutes.
The last date for application – 31 October, 2020.
– Students who get admission to a college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination will be eligible for the scholarship.
– Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh.
– Financial assistance will be given to pursue graduate level or post graduate level technical and professional courses from a recognized institution Admission and Course fee and Maintenance allowance for the year of scholarship will be credited/ transferred directly into the bank account of selected students.
– Students who get admission in technical/professional courses without taking any competitive examination will also be eligible for scholarship. However, such students should have secured not less than 50% marks in last qualifying exam at higher secondary/graduation level in case of Fresh Scholarship only. Selection of these students will be done strictly on merit basis
– An Income Certificate, issued from a Competent Authority in the State/UT Governments is required in respect of parent/guardian of the student.
– A Self-Certified Community Certificate is required from the student who has attained 18 years of age. For others the Community Certificate certified by parent/guardian of the student is required.
– The continuance of award (for Renewal applicants) will be subject to securing 50% marks in the previous year’s examination (each semester / trimester of previous year provided the students pursues the same course in same Institute).
– Maintenance allowance will be provided to hostellers and day scholars.
– The award will be discontinued if a student fails to secure 50% marks in the previous annual examination.
Scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family (applicable for all three Scholarship schemes meant for minorities under this Ministry taken together).
– Students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick will be decided by the competent authority of the institutions.
– The institute will certify the claim of student of being an outstation student not residing in hostel of the institute concerned on the basis of permanent address and parents’ address.
– Migration of students from one school/institute to another is not allowed for renewal applicants during the period of academic course.
If a student violates institution’s discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, scholarship may be suspended or cancelled. The State Government/Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied of the reasons of violation of these regulations governing the scheme.
– If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, his/her scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered by the concerned State/UT Govt. The student shall also be black listed and debarred for scholarship in any scheme forever.
– The Course fees and Maintenance allowance will be credited to the student’s bank account directly under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
The student obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scheme for this purpose.
A student shall be eligible for only one scholarship out of all the available Scholarships of Central Government meant for SC/ST/OBC/minority.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply online only.
The last date for application is 31 October, 2020.
For any further details, the applying candidates can refer to official notification using the following link https://scholarships.gov.in/public/schemeGuidelines/MoMA_MCM_2018-20.pdf