Manipur Pre Matric Scholarship 2021 for ST students – Application Form, Eligibility, Dates
- To support parents of ST children for the education of their wards studying in classes IX and X so that the incidence of drop-out, especially in the transition from the elementary to the secondary stage is minimized.
- To improve participation of ST children in classes IX and X of the pre-matric stage, so that they perform better and have a better chance of progressing to the post-matric; stage of education.
- Scholarship under the scheme will be available for studies in India only and will be awarded by the government of the state/ union territory to which the applicant belongs where he/ she is domiciled.
- scholarship and other grants
- Additional allowance for students with disabilities studying in private un-aided recognized Schools.
|Scholarship for 10 months (Rs. per month)||350||150|
|Books and Ad hoc Grant (Rs. per annum)||100||750|
Additional Allowances for ST students with disabilities studying in private unaided Schools
|Allowances for students with disabilities studying in Private un-aided Schools||Amount (in Rs.)|
|(i) Monthly Reader Allowance for Blind students||160|
|(ii) Monthly Transport Allowance for students with disabilities (as defined in the Persons with Disabilities Act 1995) if such students do not reside in the hostel which is within the premises of the Educational Institution||160|
|(iii) Monthly Escort Allowance for Severely Disabled (i.e. with 80% or higher disability) Day Scholars/Students with low extremity disability||160|
|(iv) Monthly Helper Allowance admissible to any employee of the hostel willing to extend help to a severely orthopedically handicapped student residing in the hostel of an Educational Institution who may need the assistance of a helper.||160|
|(v) Monthly Coaching Allowance to Mentally Retarded and Mentally ill Students||240|
Note: The disability as defined under the Persons with disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of rights and full participation Act, 1995) Act has to be certified by competent medical authority of the State Govt./ UT Administration.
30th November 2021
- A student should belong to Scheduled Tribe
- Her/ his Parents’/ Guardian income should not exceed Rs. 2.00 lakh per annum.
- She/ he should not be getting any other Centrally-funded ha Scholarship.
- She/ he should be. a regular, full-time student studying in a Government School or in a School recognized by Govt. or a Central/ State Board of Secondary Education.
- Scholarship for studying in any class will be available for only one year if a student has to repeat a class, she/ he would not get a scholarship for that for a second (or subsequent) year.
How to Apply
- One copy of the application for scholarship in the prescribed form (separate application forms as having been prescribed for ‘fresh’ and renewal scholarship by concerned States/ UTs).
- One copy of the passport size photograph with signatures of the student thereon (for fresh scholarship).
- A certificate (in original) of Scheduled Tribe duly signed by an authorized Revenue Officer, not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- An income declaration by the self-employed parents/ guardians, stating definite income from all sources by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper. Employed parents/ guardians are required to obtain an income certificate from their employer and for any additional income from other sources. they would furnish a declaration by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper.
- A receipt in acknowledgment of the scholarship in the previous year on the form attached to the application only duly counter-signed by the Head of the institution/ School concerned. if the applicant was in receipt of a scholarship under this scheme in the preceding year.
- Application complete in all respects shall be submitted to the Head of the Institution/ School, being attended or last attended by the candidates, and shall be forwarded by the Head of Institution, after scrutiny and with his recommendation, to the sanctioning authority.
Steps To Apply For Manipur Pre Matric Scholarship 2021
- Visit the official site @ scholarships.gov.in.
- The main page will display on the screen.
- In that go to the “New Registration” section.
- Fill in the Manipur Scholarship 2021 application form for ST students.
- Fill in the personal details, and the document you needed.
- Click on the submit button.
- Finally, take a copy of the Manipur Pre Matric ST Scholarship 2021 application form for future use.`
- All eligible Scheduled Tribe candidates will be given scholarships as prescribed in this scheme.
- Candidates belonging to one State but studying in another State will be awarded scholarships by the State to which they belong and will submit their applications to the competent authority in that State.
The last date for application is 30th November 2021