Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2021-23 by IIM
Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2021-23 – Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship with IIM Bangalore announces the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) 2021-23.
MGNF 2021-23 will be rolled out nationally in more than 660 districts across India. The program will be hosted by 9 IIMs (IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Jammu, IIM Kozhikode, IIM Lucknow, IIM Nagpur, IIM Ranchi, IIM Udaipur, and IIM Visakhapatnam) separately with IIM Bangalore managing the common admission process.
About the Fellowship
- The Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) is an opportunity for young, dynamic individuals to contribute to enhancing skill development and promote rural employment in the country.
- MGNF is an initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India (GoI) that is designed and implemented by IIM Bangalore, in collaboration with State Skill Development Missions (SSDMs)
- MGNF will be rolled out on a pilot basis in the states of Gujarat, Karnataka, Meghalaya, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, and Uttar Pradesh.
- The two-year Fellowship seeks to combine classroom sessions at IIM Bangalore with an intensive field immersion at the district level to create credible plans and identify barriers in raising employment, economic output, and promote livelihoods in rural areas.
- Deadline to complete application: 27th March 2021
- Should be a citizen of India
- Age between 21-30 years at the time of application
- At least a graduate in any discipline (Engineering, Law, Medicine, Social Sciences, etc.) from a recognized university or a post-graduate from a recognized university
- Three years of work experience after secondary schooling in the social/non-profit sector with an interest in working in rural areas is preferred. However, individuals with no work experience and a strong motivation to work in this area may apply.
- Ability to express proficiency in the official language used in the state government
- Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of the following evaluation components:
- A multiple choice-based aptitude exam to test the applicant’s Quantitative Ability (QA), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC). This will be physically conducted in each of the state capitals.
- A personal interaction comprising of an interview and a case/caselet analysis to judge the candidate’s fit and motivation for the Fellowship. These interviews will be conducted in the state capitals.
How to Apply
- Apply online at this page https://www.iimb.ac.in/mgnf
- Admission Office, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore- 560076,
The last date for application is 27th March 2021
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore- 560076,For admission-related assistance, email – email@example.com Website www.iimb.ac.in