Junior Research Scholarships for Cancer Biology Tata Memorial Centre & Tata Memorial Hospital
The Tata Memorial Centre (TMC) is an autonomous Grant-in-aid Institution at the Department of Atomic Energy. The TMC is comprised of the Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC) and the Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH). TMC conducts a PhD program in Life Sciences and is affiliated to the Homi Bhabha National Institute (Deemed University). On-going research at TMC includes basic and translational research in Cancer Biology. Specific research topics include the study of cell proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis, metastasis, tumour immunology, molecular imaging, carcinogenesis, stem cell biology, biophysics, structural biology, bioinformatics, proteomics, genomics, genetics, epigenetics and pharmacology.
- Applicant must have a post graduate degree in any of the following subjects with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate, from a university which is recognized by the UGC: Zoology, Applied Biology, Life Sciences, Biophysics, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Medicine, Biotechnology, Veterinary Science and Pharmacy
- Applicant applying for the scholarships must have appeared for either their M.Sc or MBBS or M.Pharm
How to Apply
- Candidates are required to send the application along with the demand draft of Rs.150/- in the favor of “TMCACTREC” in a fixed date. If the applicants are scheduled castes and scheduled tribes, no need to send any demand draft.
- Applicants are selected for the Junior Research Scholarships on the basis of a written objective type test. After completing the tests and following assessments, the passed applicant’s names are posted in the official sites of the institute.
- These applicants are thereafter interviewed and a final list of successful Junior Research Scholars is made.
The last date for application is
The Senior Administrative Officer
Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer
Kharghar, Navi Mumbai
Phone : 91-22-2740 5000
Fax : 91-22-2740 5085
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org