Inspire SHE Scholarship
The scheme covers the following subjects under the basic/natural sciences:
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, biology, Statistics, Geology, Astrophysics, Astronomy, Electronics, Botony, Zoology, Bio-chemistry, Anthropology, Microbiology, Geophysics, Geochemistry, Atmospheric Science and oceanic Sciences
Courses other than these subjects such as engineering and medicine are not under the scope of this programme. As part of the scheme, students shall be required to undertake research projects every year in any recognized research centres across India or abroad.
- Applicants should have passed Class XII board examination only in and should be pursuing a three year course in basic/natural sciences such as B.Sc, B.Sc (Honours), four year B.S or five year integrated B.Sc-M.Sc or BS-MS programme from any recognized college/ University in India.
- The applicants must come within the top one per cent fixed for each state or Central Board Examination for the year. Those who are among the top 10,000 rank in various national level entrance examinations such as JEE(mains), JEE (advanced), NEET for medical and IISERS may also apply.
- National talent search Examination (NTSE) scholars, International Olympiad Medalists, Jagdish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) scholars and Kishore Vaigyan Protsahan Yojna (KVPY) fellows planning to pursue Natural & Basic sciences leading to B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees may also apply.
- Students of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences (DAE-CBS) at the University of Mumbai are also eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply either Online or Offline in the prescribed format. In case of Offline submission, the application format and information is available at www.inspire-dst.gov.in
Online forms can be submitted at http:/www.online-inspire.gov.in
The applications should be accompanied by a copy of:
- Certificate of Class X Board Examination for verification of Date of birth
- Mark sheet of Class XII Board Examination
- Copy of Eligibility certificate/Note( if applicable)
- Copy of rank certificate for JEE(main) or JEE(advanced)/NEET/NTSE/KVPY
- Endorsement certificate from Principal of the college/ Director of the Institute where the applicant is currently enrolled.
Offline applications forms or the print out of the application(in case of Online submissions) form along with all
the above mentioned documents must be sent to the following address
National Institute of Science, Technology & Development Studies(NISTADS),
Dr. K S Krishnan Marg, New Delhi- 110012
The last date for application is
Department of Science & Technology,
Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi- 110016