Indian Council of Social Science Research Senior Fellowships
The Indian Council of Social Science Research established in 1969 and aims to boost research activities in social sciences in India. It provides scholarships in different areas of social sciences to accelerate research. The Indian Council of Social Science Research Senior Fellowship is one among them that is granted to bright social scientists, who meet with all eligibility requirements of the Council.
- Must be a Ph.D degree holder
- Must have published research papers of proven quality in journals
- Awardees may also be social workers or journalists or even civil servants who have a proven track record in the relevant subject and have also published research papers.
- There is no age limit for the ICSSR Senior Fellowships
- The research work under the Fellowship is a full time program
- Awardees may also pursue their research activities outside India
- Awardees may also be research scholars from abroad who are interested to carry out research work in India in any branch of social science.
How to Apply
Applications for the Senior Fellowships of the Indian Council of Social Science Research are called for through notifications in the Economic & Political Weekly (EPW), University News and the official website of the ICSSR. This normally takes place during the month of March every year and applications, duly completed, and should reach the Council by the 15th of June.
The last date for application is
Indian Council of Social Science
JNU Institutional Area
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg
New Delhi – 110067 (INDIA)