Hindi Scholarship Scheme
Department of Higher Education, Science and Technology and Biotechnology, Government of West Bengal has announced the Hindi Scholarship Scheme 2017-18 for the students of West Bengal who are studying in higher secondary, graduation, post graduation and research (M.Phill, Ph.D. or M Litt. etc). The aim of this scheme is to promote the study of Hindi in Non-Hindi speaking states like West Bengal.
In order to be eligible, an applicant must-
- Be a student who belongs to a non-Hindi speaking state and ordinarily residing in West Bengal.
- Have passed the madhyamik, higher secondary, graduation, post graduation or any other equivalent degree in 2017.
- Have taken admission in any recognized full-time course with Hindi as the sole subject or as one of the combination subjects in the same year.
- Have passed the previous qualifying examination with at least 60 percent marks in the first attempt and having Hindi as one of the subjects in the respective course.
- The candidates who are studying in the B.Ed or B.T Course, having both methods and content of teaching Hindi are eligible.
- The candidates who have registered themselves for the study of M Phill or Ph.D. or M Litt in Hindi language and literature are also eligible.
- The candidates belonging to West Bengal but are living in any Hindi speaking states are not eligible for this scheme.
- Candidates preparing for any private examination or are willing to pursue studies through correspondence are not eligible.
- The candidates preparing for two courses simultaneously will be e|igib|e only when one of the subjects in both the courses will be Hindi.
How to Apply
Process of application-
Step 1: Application form can be obtained either-
- Directly from the office address mentioned below( between 12 noon to 4 pm on any working day)-
Scholarship & Stipend Section of Education, Directorate, West Bengal,
Bikash Bhaban, North Block, 9tn Floor,
Note- Applicant must carry the original mark sheets for reference. (Mandatory)
- By post- For this, send an envelope containing stamp of INR 5 and address of the applicant with attested photocopy of mark sheet to the address mention above.
Step 2: Fill in all the details of the application form
Step 3: Send the completed application form to the same address mentioned above.
Note- Candidate must obtain the application form before seven days from the deadline for submission i.e. 30th December 2017.
The last date for application is
Scholarship & Stipend Section of Education, Directorate, West Bengal, Bikash Bhaban, North Block, 9tn Floor, Bidhannagar, Kolkata-700091