Harvard University Environmental Fellowships 2019, Application Date
Harvard University Environmental Fellowships 2019 – The Harvard University Center for the Environment created the Environmental Fellows program to enable recent doctorate recipients to use and expand Harvard’s extraordinary resources to tackle complex environmental problems.
Eligibility for funding extends to candidates with a doctorate or equivalent in any subject area from any university in the world. Moreover, candidates may propose research projects in any discipline.
- The application for the 2019 cohort is now open. Deadline for all submissions is 16th January 2019
- Candidates for Environmental Fellowships should have received their terminal degree. (Fellows must have filed their dissertation before starting their appointment in September 2019)
- Candidates with a doctorate or equivalent in any field are eligible, and they may propose research projects in any discipline. Applicants without a Ph.D. may apply if they have studied in fields where the Ph.D. is not the typical terminal degree. All successful candidates will be able to demonstrate experience performing scholarly research.
- Candidates may have received their degrees at any university in the world. Foreign nationals are eligible for fellowships, though study at Harvard requires proficiency in English.
- Applicant’s prior academic and professional success and his or her potential contribution to scholarship or practice.
- Project proposals are carefully evaluated by a committee of HUCE faculty. The proposed project should represent an independent line of inquiry, clearly extending beyond the candidate’s Ph.D. work as well as the host’s ongoing research. The relevance of the proposed work for addressing environmental issues, along with demonstration of excellent potential for intellectual achievement, are critical factors in the selection process.
How to Apply
- Candidates those who are interested can apply through the given link: http://environment.harvard.edu/application
- Please complete the online application form (on this page) (EST) and attach the relevant supporting documents as PDFs:
- curriculum vitae including list of publications;
- detailed research proposal where applicants should explain their specific reasons for applying to a Harvard residential environmental fellowship (maximum of five pages, references counted separately)
- up to three publications/writing samples.
The last date for application is 16th January 2019.
Harvard University Center for the Environment
26 Oxford Street, 4th Floor
Cambridge MA 02138