BIRAC Social Innovator (SPARSH Fellows) Program
BIRAC Social Innovators (SPARSH Fellows) Program 2020 – Sparsh is the Social Innovation program for Products: Affordable & Relevant to Societal Health. The programme is initiated by BIRAC under the aegis of Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
- SPARSH is the social innovation program of BIRACE and SIIP (Social Innovation Immersion Program) is one of its components under which a pool of “Social Innovators/SPARSH Fellows” is being created to identify and address the social problems through biotechnological interventions.
- The program is being implemented through 14 SPARSH Centres who would provide all the requisite support to the Social Innovators in the following thematic areas:
- Maternal and Child Health
- Ageing and Health
- Food and Nutrition
- Waste to Value
- Combating environmental Pollution
Indian Undergraduate (B.Tech, BE, MBBS) or postgraduate (MSc, MS, M.Tech, MPhil, MD) & PhD below 35 years from fields of Life Sciences, Agriculture, Engineering, Medicine, & Human Biology.
- Rs. 50,000 pm fellowship
- Rs. 5 Lakhs mini kick-start grant
- Clinical Rural Immersion
- Access to BIRAC network
- Mentoring by expects
- Opportunities for future funding
|Start application||December 2019|
|Last date to apply||January 2020|
- Candidate can apply online www.birac.nic.in
- For submitting application and queries please log in to BIRAC Website www.birac.nic.in