Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships 2019, Application, Dates
Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship 2019 – Applications are invited for Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships 2019. Aga Khan Education is pleased to offer international scholarship program to students of high academic ability for 2019-20 cycle.
The 2019-20 International Scholarship Programme application cycle is open now. Application forms can be obtained from the Aga Khan Foundation or Aga Khan Education Board/Service office in the applicant’s country of current residence.
About the Scholarship
- The Aga Khan Foundation provides a limited number of scholarships each year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from select developing countries who have no other means of financing their studies, in order to develop effective scholars and leaders and to prepare them for employment, primarily within the AKDN.
- Scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant: 50% loan basis through a competitive application process once a year in June or July.
- Deadline for Application Distribution: 15th March 2019 (07:00 pm IST)
- Deadline for submitting completed applications: 20th March 2019 (05:00 pm IST)
- Preference is given to students under 30 years of age
English Language Requirements:
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- The main criteria for selecting award winners are:
- Consistently excellent academic records,
- Genuine financial need,
- Admission to a highly reputable university or program of study and
- Relevance of the field of study to AKDN’s focus areas
- Candidates are also evaluated on demonstrating thoughtful and coherent educational and career plans, their extra-curricular interests and achievements, potential to achieve their goals and likelihood to succeed in a foreign academic environment.
How to Apply
- The application procedures of AKF’s International Scholarship Program are decentralised. Students may obtain application forms as of 01st January each year from AKF offices or Aga Khan Education Services / Boards in their countries of current residence. Completed applications should be returned to the agency from which the form was obtained. They should not be sent to Geneva.
- Completed applications should be returned to the agency from which the form was obtained. They should not be sent to Geneva
The last date for application is 20th March 2019.
Aga Khan Foundation (India)
Sarojini House, 2nd floor, 6, Bhagwan Dass Road, New Delhi 110001, INDIA, Tel: (11) 47399700, Fax: (11) 23782174, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.akdn.org