Aga Khan Foundation announces International Scholarship Program for PG Studies 2021
Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships 2021 – Applications are invited by Aga Khan Foundation for International Scholarships 2021. Aga Khan Education is pleased to offer an International scholarship program to students of high academic ability for the 2021-22 cycle.
The International Scholarship Program application for the 2021-22 cycle is open now. Application forms can be obtained from the Aga Khan Foundation or Aga Khan Education Board/Service office in the applicant’s country of current residence.
About the Scholarship
- The Aga Khan Foundation provides a limited number of scholarships each year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from select developing countries that have no other means of financing their studies, in order to develop effective scholars and leaders and to prepare them for employment, primarily within the AKDN.
- Scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant: 50% loan basis through a competitive application process once a year in June or July.
- Deadline for Application Distribution: 15th Mar 2021 (700 pm IST)
- Deadline for submitting completed applications: 22nd Mar 2021 (500 pm IST)
The Foundation accepts applications from nationals of the following countries: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Madagascar and Mozambique. In France, Portugal, UK, USA and Canada, applications are accepted from those who are originally from one of the above developing countries, are interested in development-related studies and who have no other means of financing their education.
The Foundation only accepts applications of eligible nationals listed above who are residing in one of the countries where there are local Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), Aga Khan Education Services (AKES), or Aga Khan Education Board (AKEB) offices which process applications and interview candidates.
- Preference is given to students under 30 years of age
- The main criteria for selecting award winners are:
|(i)||consistently excellent academic records,|
|(ii)||genuine financial need,|
|(iii)||admission to a highly reputable university or program of study and|
|(iv)||relevance of the field of study to AKDN’s focus areas|
|Candidates are also evaluated on demonstrating thoughtful and coherent educational and career plans, their extra-curricular interests and achievements, potential to achieve their goals and likelihood to succeed in a foreign academic environment.|
How to Apply
- For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
The last date for application is 22nd Mar 2021.
Aga Khan Foundation (India)
Sarojini House, 2nd floor, 6, Bhagwan Dass Road, New Delhi 110001, INDIA, Tel: (11) 47399700, Fax: (11) 23782174,
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : https://www.akdn.org/