Directorate of Teacher Education & SCERT Odisha (SCERT Odisha), Bhubaneswar invites applications for admissions to B.Ed Course for the academic year 2017- 18.
B.Ed Course is conducted by Directorate of Teacher Education & SCERT Odisha (SCERT Odisha), Bhubaneswar
Directorate of Teacher Education and SCERT, Odisha conduct admission into B.Ed Course through an Entrance Test for the academic year. Those who seek admission in said courses have to fill online application from the official website. Candidates are requested to read the complete information from here before filling the online application. Candidates can check the complete information of SCERT Odisha 2017 application process, eligibility criteria, admit card etc from here.
B.Ed Course Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
|Filling up of Online Application Form||1st week of June 2017|
|Last Date of Submission of Application Form||4th week of June 2017|
|Downloading of Admit Card||2nd & 3rd week of July 2017|
|Date of Examination||4th week of July 2017|
|Availability of Answer Key||4th week of July 2017|
|Counselling date (B.Ed)||2nd September 2017|
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
B.Ed Course duration is 2 Year
Admission shall be made in the following Institutions for two year B.Ed. (Secondary) Course as per intake mentioned below.
|Sl. No.||Co-educational Institutions||Intake|
|1 .||RNIASE, Cuttack||150|
|2 .||Dr. PMIASE, Sambalpur||100|
|4.||NKC CTE, Angul||200|
|7.||KSUB CTE, Bhanjanagar||100|
|8||DAV CTE, Koraput||100|
|11||UG CTE, Baripada||100|
|13||Government Teachers’ Training College, Phulbani||100|
|14||NDW CTE, Bhubaneswar (Institute for Women)||200|
|UNDER ST & SC DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT|
|20||Government B.Ed. Training College, Kalinga Kandhamal||100|
Interested candidates should fulfil following eligibility criteria:
- She / he must be an Arts / Science Graduate. General candidates should have at least 50% marks in aggregate in the Bachelor’s Degree examination or in the Master Degree in Science / Social Science / Humanity and SC, ST, SEBC and PH candidates should have 45% of marks in aggregate in the Bachelor Degree examination or in the Master’s Degree. She / he should have passed Graduation with at least two school subjects of minimum 200 marks each. OR
- Candidates having Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Technology (B.Tech) with specialisation in Science and Mathematics (as per AICTE syllabus) with 55% marks in aggregate for General candidates and 50% marks in aggregate for SC, ST, SEBC and PH candidates.
- The Science graduate candidates should have passed with two school subjects (with not le- than 200 marks each) out of Physics, Chemistry,
Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Computer Science and Geography.
- For the Arts Graduate candidate, one of the subjects shall be considered out of English, Odia, Hindi and Sanskrit and another subject shall be considered from the subject studied out of History, Geography, Economics, Indian Economy, Political Science, Landmarks in Indian History, Indian Geography, Indian Polity, Mathematics (Each subject of the above-mentioned list should have been studied at the Graduation level with not le- then of 200 marks)
- The age limit as on 30.06.2017.
For SC, ST and SEBC Candidates 35 years
For Women Candidates of all categories 35 years
For General Candidates 30 years
For PH Candidates 40 years
- Syllabus of the entrance examination is available on the website as well as in the Information Brochure.
- Candidates of all categories are required to pay Rs.400.00 (Rupees Four Hundred only) through Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking / Bank Challan (Only in AXIS Bank)
Documents to be submitted at the time of Admission (Fresh Candidates)
All candidates selected for admission shall submit the following, in the original.
- Admission Fees as per Information Brochure
- Downloaded Intimation Letter
- Placement Letter
- CLC, in original
- Conduct Certificate, in original
- All Certificates and Mark sheets in the original.
- Equivalency Certificate in case of any Degree obtained from University outside Odisha
- Certificate of Headmaster of the school to the effect that he / she has passed HSC in Odia medium (in the cases who have passed from Board of
Secondary Education, Odisha without Odia as MIL).
- Residential Certificate issued by Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar.
- Caste Certificate in case of SC, ST and SEBC candidates, by virtue of birth
- PH Certificate in case of PH candidates
- Ex-serviceman Certificate in the case of son / daughter / spouse of Ex-serviceman.
- Green Card in case of Green Card Holder
- Two recent stamp size coloured photographs.
N.B : Xerox Copies of all certificates / mark sheets shall be signed by the candidates in full
- State Level Selection of all categories of candidates shall be made through Entrance Test on the basis of their marks secured in Entrance Test.
- The result of the Entrance Test does not ensure the confirmation and guarantee of admitting the student to the Course as it is subject to verification of the authenticity and appropriateness- of the documents.
Selection and placement of candidate shall be made purely on the basis of marks secured by him / her in the Entrance Test. Merit list shall be published on the basis of the result of Entrance Test both category -wise and subject-wise. In the case of the tie, the higher percentage of marks at Graduation Level shall be taken into consideration. If the Graduation Mark becomes tie, in that case, the candidate who born earlier will come first
in the Merit List. Placement of candidates will be made centrally through Counselling after verification of the original documents. There shall be no transfer of candidates throughout the admission process.
|Application fee is||Rs.400/-|
A. Subjects of Test :
The test shall be conducted in two papers. Both the papers are compulsory. The subjects and distribution of marks in each paper are given in the
Paper I is compulsory for all the candidates. It would consist of Language (English), General Awareness, Reasoning and Teaching Aptitude. This Section shall be of 50 marks. There will be 50 questions. Each question carries one (01) mark. The question shall be multiple choice type.
Paper II shall be of 100 marks. There are two sections. The candidates have to select any one section and shall have to answer all the questions of that particular section. Section A is meant for Arts Group. The candidates who select the Arts Group shall have to answer all the questions from General English, Odia, Geography, History and Political Science. The candidates selecting the Science Group in Section B shall have to answer all the questions from Physical Science, Bio-Science and Mathematics. Each subject carries the mark and no. of questions as mentioned against each of them. Each question carries one mark. All the questions are of multiple choice types.
For more details please contact
Directorate Of Teacher Education & Scert Odisha,
Leave your comments for SCERT Odisha B.Ed Admission 2017comments powered by Disqus