Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
SAAT 2017 Notification, Exam Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test (SAAT),a National Level Entrance Test is conducted by Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University every year to select bright students from different parts of our country. The test is being conducted for different programs offered in different constituent institutes / schools of the university.
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar invites applications for admissions to Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test (SAAT) for the academic year 2017 - 18.
SAAT is a yearly exam conducted for admissions to B.Pharm, BHMCT,BDS, B.Tech,B.Sc. Nursing, MCA,MBA, MSc etc. courses at Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test (SAAT) exam is conducted by Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar.
|Exam Name:||Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test (SAAT)|
|Commonly called as:||SAAT|
|Exam Level:||University Level|
|Conducting Institute:||Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar|
|Last Date for Issue of Form||01st week of April 2017|
|Last Date for Form Submission:||3rd week of April 2017|
|Date of Entrance Test||2nd week of May 2017|
|Publication of Result (Tentative)||3rd week of May 2017|
- Pass or appearing at 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects
- Chemistry/Computer Science/Information Technology/Biotechnology/Biology /Informatics/Statistics or any other subject as approved by appropriate authority, by securing at least 50% marks taken together in the subjects (or)
- Pass in Diploma in Engineering/Technology with less than 60% marks in aggregate
- Pass or appearing at 10+2 exam or any equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany and Zoology) and English individually and must have secured a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the qualifying exam
- In respect of the candidates belonging to SC/ST & OBC the marks secured in Physics, Chemistry and Biology took together in qualifying exam can be 40% instead of 50% for General Candidates
- For PH candidates qualifying exam, marks are 45% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology took together. As per MCI & DCI guidelines, candidates have to secure at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology) taken together in the entrance test
- All candidates must pass in English
- Age limit: The lower age limit is 17 years and the upper age limit is 25 years as on 31st December. Further, provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for SC/ST candidates
- Pass or appearing at 10+2 exam with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory Mathematics/Biotechnology/Computer Science/Biology/IT or any other subject as approved by appropriate authority, by securing at least 45% marks taken together in the subjects mentioned (40% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category); or
- Pass in Diploma Program in Pharmacy with less than 60% marks
- Pass or appearing at 10+2 examination (2017) in any discipline with atleast 45% marks (40% incase of SC/ST/OBC category)
- Pass or appearing at 10+2 examination (in the year 2017) with at least 45% marks in aggregate (English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together) and 40% marks in aggregate for SC/ST/OBC candidates
- Age limit: The lower age limit is 17 years as on 31st December
- Passed GNM examination, and registered with concerned State Nursing Council. Candidate must be a member of TNAI
- Pass or appearing the 10+2 or equivalent in any stream with at least 45% marks. Relaxable to 40% in case of SC/ST. Candidate should not have completed 20 years of age as on 1st August
- Pass or appearing in BE/B.Tech/AMIE /MCA/M.Sc in the respective discipline or equivalent
- Candidates having MCA & M.Sc (Maths) degree are eligible for M.Tech in Comp Sci. & Data Processing; candidates with M.Sc (Electronics) are eligible for M.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engg and M.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation Engg., M.Sc in Computer Science and IT are eligible for M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering and CS & IT respectively
- A candidate with B.Tech (Environmental/Chemical/Civil/Mechanical/Metallurgy) or M.Sc (Environmental Sci/Chemistry/Biotechnology/Geology/Life Science/Botany/Zoology) is eligible for M.Tech in Environmental Science & Technology
- M.Tech in Biotechnology, candidates having B.Tech/B.E in Biotechnology or related fields/M.Sc in Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Life Science or equivalent/MBBS/B.Pharm/B.V.Sc with Biology as a subject at +2 level are eligible
- Admission to M.Tech, candidates has to pass the qualifying examination with at least 50% marks
- GATE qualified candidates are exempted from the entrance test, but they have to submit the filled up form
- Pass or appearing at three year Bachelor Degree in any discipline from any recognised University with at least 50% of marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC Category) having Mathematics at 10+2 level or at +3 level
- Candidates having Business mathematics at +2 or +3 level are not eligible
- Pass or appearing three year Bachelor Degree in Science, Commerce and Arts/B.E/B.Tech/MBBS/ B.Pharm/B.Sc Agri/BVSC/BHMS/BAMS/BDS/BPT/BHMCT/BBA/BCA exam or equivalent from any recognised University with atleast 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category)
- For MHMCT the candidate must have secured at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC Category) in BHMCT
- Candidate having a minimum composite score of 500 in GMAT/CAT/XAT/MAT/ATMA or any other equivalent test are exempted from appearing SAAT. They are required only to submit the filled up application form; admission will be done on the basis of performance in SAAT or MAT followed by group discussion and personal interview (GD/PI), all taken together
- Pass or appearing at B.Pharm examination from any recognized University with atleast 50% marks
- Pass or appearing at three year Bachelor degree in Science OR four year Bachelor course in Agriculture/Pharmacy/Veterinary/Engg/Technology/ Medicine (MBBS/BDS) from any recognised University with at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category)
- M.Sc in Chemical Biology & Drug Design the candidates should have B.Sc Chemistry (Honours) /B.Tech in Chemical Engg/B.Pharm/M.Pharm with at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category)
- Passed B.Sc Nursing (Basic/Post Basic) Degree with 55% aggregate from an Institution recognised by Indian Nursing Council with a minimum of one year experience either in teaching or clinical area but they should be registered in State Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife
- Pass or appearing Bachelor Degree in Law or studied Integrated Law Course or equivalent thereof, from any recognised University, securing 50% Marks in aggregate
Admission to 2nd year Degree Program in Engg, Pharmacy & Hotel Management for Diploma holders; pass or appearing at three-year diploma course in Engg/ Pharmacy and Hotel Management respectively with at least 60% marks in aggregate from State Council of Technical Education and Vocational Training (SCTE&VT), Odisha or equivalent
Pass or appearing in three years Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), B.Sc in Information Technology and B.Sc in Computer Science with at least 60% of marks in aggregate from any recognised University
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.)
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BHMCT)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
- Post Basic B.Sc Nursing
- Dual Degree in Engineering (B.Tech. & M.Tech.)
- Integrated BA LLB (Hons) and BBA LLB (Hons)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech.)
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MBA in Hospital Administration (MHA)
- Master of Hospitality Management (MHM)
- Master of Tourism & Travel Management (MTTM)
- Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm)
- Master of Science (M.Sc)
- Under Lateral Entry (LE)
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.)
- Lateral Entry MCA
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
Candidates can apply online at www.soauniversity.ac.in
Application Form, Exam Details & Information Brochure of SAAT-2017 can be obtained in Person/by Post from the SOA University, Khandagiri Square, Bhubaneswar-751030, or from different counters of the constituent institutes of the university on payment of Rs.500/- in cash (on account of exam fees)
Check that the online application form has been properly and completely filled up (For details regarding filling up the application form refer the SAAT 2017 information brochure).
Application process: Incomplete application will not be accepted. Please follow the below-mentioned process below to complete your application process.
Step 1 Fill up Name, Date of Birth, Email and Mobile Number
Step 2 Receive One Time Password (OTP) at the given Mobile Number and Email ID.
Step 3 Enter OTP to proceed to application form.
Step 4 Complete the application form information as required and proceed to payment. All candidates are requested to keep the scanned copy of Photo and Signature to upload during filling up the application form. (Recent Colour passport size Photograph)
Step 5 Select the payment method -Online payment (Debit / Credit Card of any bank is accepted)
Step 6 The Online payment method will redirect to the Merchant gateway. You need to fill up your card information and pay for the same and ensure the amount displayed is Rs. 500 /-. The payment gateway will authorise and capture the payment and redirect to our University website for confirmation of the Application process is complete. Do not close/ refresh / hit back button at the merchant gateway till the payment process is complete. (In case the payment fails due to any reason you can retry with type of cards) (The system will record the whole application process. Do not close the window until you have completed step 1 to 6 or else the application process will be invalid.)
Step 7 Download your Application Copy and take the print out of the application form for future reference. The application form will be sent to your mail.
Step 8 The acknowledgement for the receipt of the SAAT 2017 application will be intimated to your Email-Id and Mobile Number through SMS.
Online Application form can be downloaded from official website of Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar: http://soauniversity.ac.in/
- Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Collect SAAT online Entrance Exam Form Fee Rs 500 /- per form online.
- Offline SAAT Entrance Exam Fee is Rs 550/- per form.
There will be multiple-choice questions.
- The number of questions will be 60 per each hour of exam
- SAAT exam duration is one hour.
- Each question shall have four probable answers with only one is correct answer, and the examinee shall have blackened only the correct circle with HB pencil or black/blue ballpoint pen
- Each correct answer shall carry four marks whereas each incorrect answer will lead to deduction of one mark. Each unanswered question will carry zero mark
- If more than one circle is darkened for one question, it will be treated as an incorrect answer and one mark will be deducted
- Each question is followed by answers, which have numbers A, B, C and D. Select the correct answer
- Then by using HB pencil or black/blue pen darken the circle bearing the correct answer in the answer sheet against the corresponding number of the question
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
The candidates are also advised to download the Rank Cards from the website after publication of results.
• Initially, candidates should visit the official website
• Then Click the Result link
• Then enter “Roll number” and press submit
• Then your SAAT 2016 result will be displayed on screen.
• You can download, save plus print your result immediately.
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar
Deemed to be University,
SAAT Discussions is a place to ask admissions related questions, and doubts. It is a great place to connect with fellow students who may also be preparing like you or just check discussions from past candidates.