Patna University M.Sc Chemistry Part 1 Exam Results 2012
* Patna University was established in the year 1917
* Patna University is in a sense the history of modern Bihar.
* The Patna University has 31 postgraduate departments in the faculties of Science, Social Sciences, Humanities, Education, Commerce, Law and 10 constituent colleges, apart from Patna Medical College and Patna Dental College in the Faculty of Medicine whose management and control are with the State Government.
* There are 4 Institutes maintained by the University
* The University Central Library is opened for 24 hours
* The number of various volumes at present is over 4, 00, 000 besides 87 periodicals and 50,000 back journals. It has more than 5000 valuable old manuscripts which are very rare and are of much use to the research scholars.
* In 1917 half the population of Bihar belonging to the fair sex was deprived of the advantage of higher education.
* There was not a single girl student in any of the colleges of Bihar, not to speak of any separate institution of higher education for women in the state.
* The hold of conservatism was so strong on the young men that boarders could not be found to reside in the college hostel constructed by the Government in the last quarter of the 19th century.
Patna – 800 005.,
Ph. No. – 0612 – 2670531