Presidency University invites applications for admissions to Presidency University Masters Degree Eligibility Test (PUMDET) for the academic year 2016- 17.
PUMDET is an yearly exam conducted for admissions to M.A./M.Sc. course at Presidency University
Presidency University Masters Degree Eligibility Test (PUMDET) is conducted by Presidency University
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates who have passed/appeared B.A. (Hons)/B.Sc. (Hons) final examination from any recognized University not before 2015, are eligible to apply as per the eligibility table given below.
- In exceptional cases, students who have obtained their Bachelor’s degree before 2014 will be permitted to sit for the Admission test. Such candidates must seek approval from the Chairpersons of the Admission Committee (please contact the Office of the concerned Faculty Deans at Presidency University) before submitting their application.
- Candidates, who have appeared or are appearing for the final B.A./B.Sc. Examination at the time of admission, but do not have their final results, may seek provisional admission, on the basis of marks obtained up to the previous parts of their Bachelor’s examination. If selected, they must submit their final mark sheet by 31st August, demonstrating that they fulfill the minimum condition of eligibility, failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
The candidate needs to visit the portal and follow the links
Step – 1. Registration:
The candidate has to input name, date of birth, gender, mobile number and e-mail id. Candidate must take utmost care to give these inputs. If mistakes are committed there is no chance of correction. The mobile number and e-mail id entered will be used for all subsequent communication.
Candidates also have to choose a log-in ID and password and remember them, which he/she will use for future log-in.
PUMDET candidates have to first choose group-A or group-B of subjects and then choose maximum two subjects from his/her choice of group. The groups are as follows,
Step - 2. Application Form:
This step comprises the following sub sections.
- Personal details: Candidate has to input information like category, religion, domicile state, guardian’s name and address, communication address, permanent address etc.
- Academic information: Candidates for PUMDET will be able to enter their data for this sub section once their results at the 10+2 level are published. The candidate has to provide information like Board, year of passing, marks scored, name and address of the institution etc. The system will automatically check his/her eligibility for the subject(s) chosen Candidates appearing for PUMDET may however fill up the available information and proceed to the next step
Online Application form can be downloaded from official website of Presidency University: Click here to download application form
PUMDET Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
List of cities where PUMDET will be conducted in 2016
Kolkata, Howrah, Hoogly, Kalyani, Murshidabad, Bankura, Haldia, Assansol, Burdwan, Durgapur, Siliguri, Jamshedpur, Guahati, Silchar and Agartala.
Results will be announced on 05th July, 2016.
For more details please contact
86/1 College Street
Phone: +91 33 2241 2738
Fax: +91 33 2257 2444
Leave your comments for Presidency University Masters Degree Eligibility Test (PUMDET) 2016 Notification & Exam Datecomments powered by Disqus