Panjab University, Chandigarh invites applications for admissions to B.Com for the academic year 2016- 17.
B.Com admission is conducted by Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
- The admission to B.Com Course from the session 2016-17 under semester system shall be made according to the provisions, PU calendar Vol. II, 2007, Page 324, Para 3.1 3.1(A) Admission to the first year of B.Com (General) Degree Course shall be open to a person who has passed one of the following Exams conducted by a recognized Board/Council/University
(i) +2 Examinations or B.Com Part I (old scheme) of Panjab University with three of the following subject securing at least 40 % marks in aggregate
a) Commerce (or theory of commerce, or foundation course in commerce)
b) Accountancy (or Book keeping and Accountancy)
c) Economics Mathematics (or statistics)
d) Business Organization (or Business Management, or Theory and Practices of Management)
e) Insurance (or General Insurance or Life Insurance)
f) Banking and Trade Commercial Geography
g) Office Management and Secretarial Practice (or Office Organization and Management)
h) Mercantile Law (or Company law)
i) Auditing Typewriting and Stenography/Computers (for type writing)
(ii) +2 Exam or B.Com Part I (old scheme) of Panjab University with at least two of the following subject mentioned in 3.1 A (i) securing at least 45 % marks in aggregate
(iii) +2 Exams or B.A Part I/B.Sc. Part I/ Pre-Engineering /Pre Medical Exam of the Panjab University under the old scheme not covered in 3.1 A (ii) securing at least 50% marks
(iv) Any other exam recognized by the University as equivalent to 3.1 A (i) or 3.1 A (ii) or 3.1 A (iii) as given above with requisite percentage of marks given under each
- Provided that a candidate seeking admission to the first year of B.Com should have passed in the subject of English at the +2 exam and in cases where passing in English is not necessary according to the regulation of certain Board/Bodies/councils/Universities in India, the admission of the candidate shall be provisional and will be confirmed only after he has cleared the subject of English as a deficient subject from the parent Board /Body/Council/University in two consecutive chances subsequent to his admission
- 10+2 with at least 3 subjects from list – 40% (or); 10+2 with at least two commerce subjects – 45% (or); 10+2 with subjects not covered above – 50%
Application form can be downloaded from official website of Panjab University, Chandigarh: Click here to download application form
- Fill up the online “Application Form“. Take print out of bank slip and deposit fee at any SBI branch, after 24 hours of the generation of bank slip. Deposit Rs.500/- (Rs.250 for SC/ST/Blind) on Computer generated bank slip in any State Bank of India branch till 16th June 2016 upto 15:59 hours
- Take the Printout of the Application Form Generated Online. Send the application form along with documents and through registered/speed post to the undersigned or submit by hand at Room No.5, University Business School, Arts Block-III, Panjab University Chandigarh by 20th June 2016 up to 05.00 pm.
Application fee is Rs.500/- (Rs.250 for SC/ST/Blind)
B.Com Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
For more details please contact
Panjab University, Chandigarh
Professor Sanjay Kaushik, Coordinator,
Room No.5, University Business School Arts Block-III,
Telephone No.:+91 95174-50667,
Email: [email protected]
Leave your comments for Panjab University Chandigarh announces BCom Admission 2016comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on