Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
Osmania University Common Entrance Test (OUCET) is conducted by Osmania University for admissions into various PG, PG diploma and Five year Integrated Programmes offered by Osmania, Telangana, Mahatma Gandhi and Palamuru Universities. Directorate of Admissions, OU has been successfully carrying out the gigantic task of conducting entrance tests and admissions to various courses offered by Osmania, Palamuru, Telangana and Mahatma Gandhi Universities and their affiliating institutions since 2000-2001 academic year.
Candidates can get the full details of OUCET Exam 2017 such as Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates and much more on this post.
|Exam Name:||Osmania University Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Institute:||Osmania University, Hyderabad|
|Commonly called as:||OUCET|
|Exam Level:||University Level|
|Issue of Notification :||2nd Week Of April 2017|
|Date of commencement of online applications :||2nd Week Of April 2017|
|Last Date for submission of online applications (Without late fee)||2nd Week Of May 2017|
|Last Date for submission of online applications (With a late fee of Rs 500/-)||3rd Week Of May 2017|
|Commencement of Entrance Tests from||Last Week Of May 2017 * (tentatively)|
i) Must have studied the concerned language either in Part-I or in Part-II of the qualifying examination for at least two years and for a minimum of 200 marks. for atleast two years and for a minimum of 200 marks.
ii) Must have obtained 40% marks in that part (part-I or part-II of the qualifying examination), where the candidate has studied the concerned language.
iii) For Persian, in addition to above, any graduate with Persian or Arabic or Urdu as one of the languages either in Part-I or Part-II is eligible.
Economics*/ History/ Political Science/ Public Administration :
- 40% marks in Part-II of the graduation with concerned subject as an optional. The candidate must have studied at least four papers of 100 marks each in the concerned subject at graduation level.
Philosophy / Theatre Arts :
- Any B.A./B.Sc. /B.Com. graduate (except oriental)with 40% marks.
Sociology / MSW /AIHCA :
- Any Graduate (except oriental) with 40% marks.
- Any Graduate (except oriental) with 40% marks
B.L.I.Sc./M.L.I.Sc. (2 yrs.Integrated) :
- Any Graduate with 40% marks.
- B.L.I.Sc. with 40% marks.
- 40% marks in Part-II with Psychology as an optional at B.A. / B.M.R. / M.Ed. / M.A.(Education) / M.Sc.(Home Science) / Diploma in Child Psychology or Industrial Psychology.
- Any graduate with Islamic studies / Philosophy /History / Commerce / Sociology / Political Science /Economics /Urdu / Persian / Arabic as one of the optionals in part-II with 40% marks. or
- Any graduate with Arabic / Persian / Urdu as second language in part-I with 40% marks. or
- Any graduate (with 40% marks) with Diploma in Arabic / Persian / Urdu from OU or any recognized institution by OU.
A Graduate (with 40% marks in part-II) in B.A. / B.Sc./ B.Com. with any language subject having studied for two years for a minimum of 200 marks.
Master Of Science
Master Of Commerce
- B.Com. with 40% marks in Part-II
Faculty Of Education
1 M.Ed. : B.Ed. Degree with 55% Marks (50% for SC/ST/BC candidates)
2. M.P.Ed. : B.P.Ed./B.P.E. with 55% Marks (50% for SC/ST/BC candidates)
PG Diploma Courses:
- Candidate Should Have Master Degree With Aggregate of 50%.
|Registration Fee for a single subject OBC Candidates is||Rs. 450|
|Registration Fee for a single subject for SC/ST/PH candidates.||Rs. 350|
|Registration Fee For each additional subject For all categories||Rs. 250|
|S.no||Name of university||Total number seats|
|3||Mahatma Gandhi University||2630|
|5||Campus College Seats at 4 University and rest in Affiliated Universities||4500|
Pattern of Entrance Test for Admission to M.Sc.
Exam Pattern for Admission to Integrated PG Programmes
For 5 Yrs Integrated PG Programmes, the entrance test patterns are as follows:
M.A. Applied Economics
The paper has five parts– A, B, C, D & E.
M.Sc in Chemistry & Pharmaceutical Chemistry
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
Osmania University PGCET 2017 is an Entrance Test for admission into post graduation courses (M.Sc, M.A, M.Com, M.C.J, B.L.I.Sc, M.L.I.Sc, M.S.W, M.Ed, P.G Diploma course and 5 years Integrated Engineering programmes) in Osmania University , Telangana, Mahatma Gandhi and Palamuru universities in their campus & its affiliated colleges. The minimum cutoff marks of OUCET is 25% and there is no cutoff for SC/ST category.
Directorate of Admissions,
Near PGRR Centre for Distance Education,
Osmania University Campus,