National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore invites applications for admissions to Doctor of Laws (LL.D) for the academic year 2016- 17.
Doctor of Laws (LL.D) is conducted by National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore.
LL.D Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
|Last Date for Receipt of Application||06th August 2016|
|Date of Admission Test||03rd September 2016|
|Presentation of Research Proposal before the Panel of Experts by Candidates||26th & 27th September 2016|
|Date of Commencement of the Course Work to Candidates admitted to the Research Degree Programmes||02nd November 2016|
- The candidates are required to carry out research for a minimum period of three years from the date of registration, which includes residential requirement and submit a thesis within a maximum period of five years.
- Failure to complete within the stipulated time (maximum period of five years) will lead to cancellation of registration.
Interested candidates should fulfil following eligibility criteria:
- PhD in Law from a recognised University with minimum 10 years of Teaching and exceptional academic achievement in the field of law. OR
- PhD in any discipline obtained through regular mode from any recognised University in India or abroad with relevant experience/expertise in the field. However, such research proposal from such candidates shall be inter or multidisciplinary in nature, thus substantially contributing to the existing legal knowledge/jurisprudence in any branch of law.
a) Application along with the research proposal of about 10 to 12 pages to be submitted within the stipulated time
b) The research proposal should contain:
ii) Statement of the problem and the background information on the subject
iii) A set of research questions along with Hypothesis & Methodology
iv) A Research Design containing chapters
c) The research proposal for inter-disciplinary research shall have components which have a bearing on legal aspects, review and reform.
a) There shall be a written test which will be on par with UGC NET / JRF exams.
The test shall consist of the following :
a) Objective type questions on Research Aptitude – 50 marks
b) Contemporary developments in the field of law and society – 50 marks
c) Specific questions in Law /MBL/MPP/other disciplines – 50 marks
Candidate securing not less than 50% marks in aggregate will qualify for making an oral presentation before the expert panel.
The candidates successful in written test and the candidates exempted from taking the admission test shall be required to make an oral presentation before a panel of an expert on the dates specified for the University.
|Registration fee||Rs. 30,000/-|
|Examination Fee (at the time of submission of thesis)||Rs. 20,000/-|
|Continuation fee for 2 years (Rs. 15,000/- every year) after the completion of three years||Rs. 15,000/-|
|Re-submission of thesis||Rs. 20,000/-|
|Registration fee||Rs. 65,000/-|
|Examination Fee (at the time of submission of thesis)||Rs. 45,000/-|
|Continuation fee for 2 years (Rs.25,000/- every year) after completion of three years||Rs. 25,000/-|
|Re-submission of thesis||Rs. 45,000/-|
- The candidates will be selected by the P.G. Council upon consideration of the research proposal and the report submitted by the expert panel on the presentation.
For more details please contact
National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore
Leave your comments for National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore announces Doctor of Laws (LLD) Admission 2016comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on