National Institute of Technology (NIT), Puducherry invites applications for admissions to PhD Programme for the academic year 2016 - 17.
PhD Programme admission is conducted by National Institute of Technology (NIT), Puducherry.
|Last Date for submitting filled in Application||15th September 2016|
|Publication of Shortlisted Candidates||19th September 2016|
|Date of Written Test/ Interview||01st October 2016|
|Publication of Selected List||03rd October 2016|
|Date of Admission||13th to 17th October 2016|
PhD Programme in following courses
=> Computer Science and Engineering
=> Electrical and Electronics Engineering
=> Electronics and Communication Engineering
=> Mechanical Engineering
a) A full-time candidate can submit the synopsis and thesis only after a minimum period of study of 21 and 24 months respectively from the date of registration
b) A part-time candidate can submit the synopsis and thesis only after a minimum period of study of 33 and 36 months respectively from the date of registration
c) The maximum period to complete the programme is 5 years for full-time candidates and 7 years for part-time. However, scholarship will be given up to 4 years for full-time candidates
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria
=> The candidate must have a first class in Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology in addition to Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant discipline.
=> However, the minimum percentage of marks required may be relaxed by 5% for SC/ST candidates. Candidates having PG degree in Science should possess an M. Tech./M.E. degree over and above their PG degree for PhD in Engineering
=> Candidates who have completed M.Tech. programmes through GATE score (or) who already possesses a valid GATE score are eligible for admission with institute fellowship as per MHRD norms.
Candidates are advised to refer to official notifications /documents for detailed application procedure. IndCareer.com published details for informational purpose.
=> Candidates applying for PhD programme can apply separately through the downloaded application form available at www.nitpy.ac.in. Candidates applying for more than one application category in the same discipline should submit the separate application form.
=> The filled up application form along with self-attested photocopies of necessary documents along with a non-refundable application fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ ST/ PH) by means of demand draft drawn in favour of “The Director, National Institute of Technology, Puducherry” payable at Karaikal should reach “The Registrar (A/c), National Institute of Technology Puducherry, Thiruvettakudy, Karaikal–609609”
Application form available at official website of National Institute of Technology (NIT), Puducherry http//www.nitpy.ac.in/Ph.D./application.pdf
The following documents (whichever applicable) arranged in order given below should be enclosed along with the duly filled application
1. Self-attested copy of GATE scores card.
2. Self-attested copy of the mark sheets & degree certificate of the qualifying examinations.
3. Self-attested copy of the provisional certificate of the qualifying examination.
4. Self-attested copy of UG degree certificate and mark sheets.
5. Self-attested copy of the certificate of matriculation/ 10th class as proof of age of the candidate.
6. Self-attested copy of caste certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC candidates from the competent authority
7. Self attested copy of Medical Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) in the case of PwD candidates from the competent authority.
8. Self-attested copy of experience certificate, if any.
9. Research proposal of 1000 words should be attached with the application form.
10. No objection certificate duly signed by the HOD/HOS in the case of sponsored candidates from Industry/ State Government employee.
11. Self-attested copy of credentials including AICTE recognised short term courses attended, research publications, professional qualifications etc.
12. Demand Draft towards application fee as per category for the candidate i.e. Rs.500/- for General/OBC and Rs.250/-for SC/ST/PwD candidates
For detailed information regarding the application procedure, applications, eligibility and other related information, candidates should refer the official notification. Please visit http//www.nitpy.ac.in/phd.php for further reference.
Application fee is Rs. 1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST/ PwD )
=> Candidates recommended by the Departmental Selection Committee on the basis of GATE/NET/JRF/SRF score will be screened by an entrance test and / or interview by the Departmental Selection Committee with a Senate Chairperson Nominee as an observer.
=> Both full time and part time candidates will have a common written test.
For more details please contact
National Institute of Technology Puducherry,
Karaikal – 609 605
Phone+91(0) 4368 231665
E-mail [email protected]
Leave your comments for National Institute of Technology (NIT), Puducherry announces PhD Programme Admission 2016comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on