NIT Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal invites applications for admissions to M.Sc Programs for the academic year 2016- 17.
M.Sc Programs is conducted by NIT Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal
1. M.Sc.(CY) - M.Sc. in Chemistry
2. M.Sc.(PH) - M. Sc in Physics
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
- Admission to M.Sc. Programme in Chemistry/ Physics shall be open to Indian nationals who have passed a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry /Physics with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 6.5 in the 0-10 scale grading system, or not less than 60% marks in the aggregate (taking into account the marks scored in all the subjects of all the public/ university examinations conducted during the entire prescribed period for the degree programme). However, this prescribed minimum shall be a CGPA of 6.0 or 55% marks in the aggregate for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
The prescribed application forms and Information Bulletin for M.Sc (Chemistry & Physics) programmes can be downloaded from the Institute website www.nitk.ac.in. The application form can be duly filled and sent to the Assistant Registrar (Academic), National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Srinivasnagar, Mangalore -575 025, Karnataka State on or before the last date prescribed 27.05.2016 along with the D.D. of Rs. 500/- (for SC/ST- Rs.150/-). drawn in favor of the Director, N.I.T.K., Surathkal payable at Mangalore.
Online Application form can be downloaded from official website of NIT Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal: Click here to download application form
A. At the time of counselling/interview:
1. Original marks card of all Semesters of Degree programme.
2. Date of Birth Certificate in Original (SSLC/X Std.)
3. Caste Certificate if belonging to SC/ST (original)
4. Caste certificate as per prescribed format for OBC candidates.(if applicable) from the Competent Authority issued after 31.03.2016.
5. Sponsorship Certificate, if applicable
6. Persons with Disabilities (PWD) certificate, if applicable.
7. Course completion Certificate from college (by result awaited candidates)
8. One Self-Addressed Envelopes with Stamp each worth Rs 17/- (For postage in Mangalore) / Rs 40/- (for Postage outside Mangalore).
For detailed information regarding application procedure, applications, eligibility and other related information, candidates should refer the official notification. Please visit http://www.nitk.ac.in/ for further reference.
Application fee is Rs. 500/- and for SC/ST- Rs.150/-
M.Sc Programs Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
1. Admission order.
2. Original marks card of qualifying examinations (Ist to Final Year) with two sets of duplicate copies. (The spelling and order of the name should be same in all the years of marks card, degree certificate and Migration Certificate).
3. Degree Certificate or Provisional Pass Certificate issued by the University.
4. Medical Certificate (general fitness).
5. Relieving Certificate in the case of Sponsored Candidates
6. Date of Birth Certificate in original(X Std. or SSLC)
7. Caste Certificate in case of SC/ST.
8. OBC Certificate (if applicable) from the competent authority issued after 31.03.2016.
9. Transfer Certificate
10. Conduct Certificate
11. Sponsorship Certificate (if sponsored)
12. Persons with Disabilities (PWD) certificate, if applicable.
13. Migration Certificate.
14. Course completion Certificate from college (by result awaited candidates)
M.Sc Progammes: Selection of candidates for admission to M.Sc. (Chemistry & Physics) will be based upon the academic performance in the qualifying degree programme, written aptitude test conducted by the respective departments.
For more details please contact
National Institute Of Technology Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal
Leave your comments for NIT Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal announces M.Sc Programs Admission 2016comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on