Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
The National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET PG) is conducted for admissions to the Postgraduate Medical Courses such as MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses. The exam is conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE). NEET-PG is a single window entrance examination for entry to MD/MS/Post Diploma courses. The National Board of Examinations (NBE) is an autonomous organization established by Government of India in 1982 with prime objective of conducting post graduate examinations on all India basis.
The candidate should note that no other examination either at state level or institutional level entrance examination conducted by medical colleges /institutions shall be valid from 2017 admission session. AIIMS, PGIMER, JIPMER, NIMHANS and SRICHITRA Institute are not covered by NEET PG.
The scope NEET PG 2017 exmination for the academic session 2017 which will include the following:
NEET PG will be held at 86 test centers at 41 cities from December 5th - 13th, 2016.
Candidates can get the full details of NEET PG Exam 2016 such as Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates and much more on this post.
|Exam Name:||National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test|
|Conducting Institute:||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Commonly called as:||NEET PG|
|Exam Level:||National Level|
|Stream:||Medical Entrance Exam|
|Application Starts||26th September 2016|
|Last Date for application||31st October 2016|
|Exam Date||5th - 13th December 2016|
|Declaration of result||15th January 2017|
- Candidates in possession of MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council.
- Candidates who have studied/passed MBBS from the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for All India 50% Quota seats. However, the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical Colleges in Erstwhile Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible to apply for admission. Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that he/she was nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical Colleges in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of NEET-PG 2017 will not be permitted to appear in the examination and/or counseling. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the NEET-PG 2017, the results/candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are deemed to be cancelled.
- Requests for appearing in NEET-PG 2017 from candidates completing internship after 31st March 2017 or having qualifications that are not recognized shall be summarily rejected. Candidates are further advised not to canvass for the same.
- Candidate who are completing their internship after 31st March 2017 or likely to complete after 31st March 2017 need not apply in NEET-PG 2017 as they shall be ineligible to participate at any stage of the admission process.
- The dates indicated by candidates with regard to 12 months Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship i.e. starting date, completion date, shall be treated as final and candidates will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship completion certificate at the time of admission in allotted Medical College/Institute.
|NEET-PG 2017 Exam fee (For SC/ST/PWD (PH) candidates)||Rs. 2750/-|
|NEET-PG 2017 Exam fee (For General/OBC candidates)||Rs. 3750/-|
The above exam fee is inclusive of examination fees and Information Bulletin. Please note that Information Bulletin will not be sold separately. Information Bulletin shall be available at NEET-PG website for information.
- The prescribed registration fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or through Internet Banking. For more information, please visit the website.
- Candidates remaining absent from the examination or declared ineligible will forfeit their examination fee. Candidates are advised to read the rule position carefully and satisfy the terms and conditions for fulfilment of eligibility criteria before proceeding for payment of fees.
- FEES SHALL NEITHER BE REFUNDED NOR CARRIED FORWARD IF THE APPLICATION FOR NEET- PG 2017 IS REJECTED/CANDIDATURE IS FOUND TO BE INELIGIBLE OR CANDIDATE IS UNABLE TO APPEAR IN THE EXAMINATION.
NEET PG can be applied only through online mode. The online registration for the NEET-PG shall start from 26th September 2016. The last date is 31st October 2016.
The list of various cities where Examination centres are located is as under:
|S. No.||City||S. No.||City|
- The examination shall be a multiple choice questions exam delivered on computer based platform (CBT).
- The exam comprises of 300 Multiple Choices, single correct response questions in English language only. Time allotted is 3hr. 30 min.
- The weightage of MCQs in each specialty is indicative and purely provisional. NBE reserves its right to alter/vary/amend the same.
- Negative marking: There shall be no negative marking.
SUBJECT-WISE DISTRIBUTION OF QUESTIONS FOR NEET- PG 2017
|S.NO||SUBJECT||SUBJECT WISE WEIGHTAGE OF QUESTIONS (IN NO.)|
|8||SOCIAL AND PREVENTIVE MEDICINE||25|
|9||MEDICINE DERMATOLOGY AND VENEREOLOGY||37|
|10||SURGERY, ENT, ORTHOPEDICS & ANAESTHESIA||46|
|11||RADIODIAGNOSIS & RADIOTHERAPY||12(6+6)|
|12||OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY||25|
Note: The syllabus of the above topics shall be as per the latest Graduate Medical Education Regulations notified by the Medical Council of India with prior approval of the Govt. of India. For Graduate Medical Education Regulations please refer www.mciindia.org.
- The syllabus for the exam shall comprise of subjects/knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. Kindly refer to the MCI website www.mciindia.org for complete document.
- The syllabus shall be as per the latest Graduate Medical Education Regulations notified by the Medical Council of India with prior approval of the Govt. of India. For Graduate Medical Education Regulations please refer www.mciindia.org
Eligibility for pursuing MD/MS/PG Diploma shall be as per the rules, regulations and guidelines of respective universities /medical institutions.
- At the end of Registration & Scheduling process, the applicant will get a computer generated acknowledgement at the registered email id of the applicant.
- Admit card will be issued to candidate once registration & scheduling process is successfully complete.
- When the admit card is received by email, it should be read carefully and all information mentioned should be verified. Candidate is required to print a copy of admit card and affix a latest passport size photograph of the following specifications on the admit card.
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
The cut off dates for the recognition of the Medical Colleges, from where the candidates have passed their MBBS Degree Course and completed compulsory rotatory Internship for the year 2016 will be as prescribed by MCI. The Colleges recognized after the cut- off date prescribed by MCI will not be considered.
The result will be published on the official website. The mark sheet-cum-result certificate for the NEET-PG examination can be downloaded from the website www.nbe.gov.in/neetpg after the declaration of result. The candidate should follow this exam to get email alerts as soon as results are announced.
The result will be sent to all candidates individually by post.
The validity of the result of the NEET-PG shall be only for the current admission session
The Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council/ is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the time of counseling
The reservation of seats in medical colleges/institutions for respective categories shall be as per applicable laws prevailing in States/ Union Territories. An All India Merit List, as well as State-wise merit list of the eligible candidates, shall be prepared on the basis of scaled scores obtained in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test and candidates shall be admitted to Post Graduate courses from the said merit lists only.
Candidate may kindly visit the website of Medical Counseling Committee at www.mcc.nic.in for details of counseling.
NATIONAL BOARD OF EXAMINATIONS
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road)
Candidate Helpline: 1800-11-1700 (Toll Free) or 0124-6771700
(Monday to Friday: 0930 Hrs to 1730 Hrs)