Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
NEET-MDS is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination to various Post Graduate MDS Courses under Dentists Act, 1948. NEET-MDS is a single window entrance examination for Dental PG courses. No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to MDS Courses as per Dentists Act, 1948.
Candidates can get the full details of National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test Post Graduate (Dental) (NEET MDS) Exam 2017 such as Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates and much more on this post.
|Exam Name:||National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test Post Graduate (Dental)|
|Conducting Institute:||National Board of Examinations|
|Commonly called as:||NEET MDS|
|Exam Level:||National Level|
|Stream:||Medical (Dental) Entrance Exam|
|Online registration start||26th September 2016|
|Online registration close||31st October 2016|
|Exam dates||30th Nov– 3rd Dec 2016|
|Declaration of result||15th January 2017|
NEET-MDS 2017 shall be the single eligibility cum entrance examination namely ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to Postgraduate Dental Courses’ for the academic session 2017-2018 which will include the following:
- All India 50% quota seats for MDS courses (all states except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- State quota seats for MDS courses for all States/Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- MDS Diploma courses at all Private Dental Colleges, Institutions & Universities all across the country
- MDS courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
- The candidate must be an Indian National /Person of India Origin /Overseas Citizen of India card holder possessing BDS degree from a Dental College recognized by the Government of India under the Dentist Act or permanent BDS registration and has completed one year (12 months) of compulsory rotatory internship in an approved /recognized Dental College to be eligible to appear in NEET-MDS 2017.
- The condition of one year Compulsory Rotatory Internship is not applicable to those candidate who had passed their final BDS Examination on or before 1988 and hold a recognised degree of BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) awarded by an Indian University, in respect of recognised Dental College under Section 10(2) of the Dentists Act, 1948 or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- No condonation of Internship of 12 months period shall be accepted except (i) the students of the batch admitted during the academic session 2007-2008 and have completed 4½ year BDS Course alongwith 06 months compulsory rotatory internship and (ii) the students admitted during the academic session 2006-2007 at Rajah Muthiah Dental College, Annamalai University and have completed 05 years BDS Course without internship.
- However, a candidate who after passing the final qualifying examination (BDS or the foreign dental degree recognized by GOI/DCI), is undergoing 12-month compulsory rotatory internship/practical training and is likely to complete the same by 31st March 2017 can take up this examination, but he/she shall not be eligible for admission unless he/she has completed the compulsory rotatory internship and obtained provisional or permanent registration on or before 31st March 2017 or the candidate produces a certificate from the head of Institution that he/she will be completing internship by 31st March 2017.
- The dates indicated by candidates with regard to 12 months Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship i.e. starting date, completion date, shall be treated as final and candidates will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship completion certificate at the time of counseling.
- Candidates who have studied/passed BDS from the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for 50% All India Quota seats. However, the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India to do BDS from Dental Colleges in Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana shall be eligible to apply for admission.
- Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that he/she was nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do BDS from Dental Colleges in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir to the Deputy Director (Examinations) National Board of Examinations, Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi – 110029 along with the print out of the acknowledgement of submission of online application for NEET-MDS 2017 latest by 2nd November 2016. (Please refer to Information Bulletin for format of Affidavit).
- However, the restriction on candidates from the states of Jammu & Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh and Telengana shall not apply to the categories pertaining to Armed Forces for ‘Grant of Short Service Commission in Army Dental Corps’ and for MDS admissions in Armed Forces Institutes.
- Some of the Universities/institutions are having regulations that candidates who are already pursuing any PG Course in their University or in another University are not eligible for admission till they complete the course.
- The candidates who are already pursuing PG Courses either through All India Quota or State Quota and are applying for a seat under All India Quota may confirm the eligibility conditions of that University in this regard. NBE/MCC/MoHFW shall not be responsible if such candidates are denied admission. Such candidates may opt for the subject and the college at their own risk and cost.
- A candidate can register and appear for NEET-MDS 2017 only once for admission to the academic year 2017-2018.
|NEET-MDS Exam fee||Rs. 2750/- (For SC/ST/PWD (PH) candidates)|
|NEET-MDS Exam fee||Rs. 3750/- (For General/OBC candidates)|
The above fee is inclusive of examination fees and information bulletin; Please note that information bulletin will not be sold separately. Information Bulletin shall be available at website for information.
- The prescribed registration fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or through Internet Banking. For more information, please visit NEET-MDS 2017 website www.nbe.edu.in
- Candidates remaining absent from the examination or declared ineligible will forfeit their examination fee. Candidates are advised to read the rule position carefully and satisfy the terms and conditions for fulfillment of eligibility criteria before proceeding for payment of fees.
- Fees Shall Neither Be Refunded Nor Carried Forward If The Application For Neet-Mds Is Rejected/Candidature Is Found To Be Ineligible Or Candidate Is Unable To Appear In The Examination.
The list of various cities where Examination centres are located is as under:
|S. No.||City||S. No.||City|
- The syllabus for the exam shall be that of BDS standard and shall cover all the subjects/syllabus taught during the BDS course as prescribed in the DCI Revised BDS Course Regulations, 2007 as amended from time to time.
- The examination shall be a multiple choice questions test delivered using computers network (CBT) as per scheme prescribed.
- The exam comprises of 240 Multiple Choices, single correct response questions in English language only. Total time allotted is 3hours.
- Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking.
UBJECT-WISE DISTRIBUTION OF QUESTIONS FOR NEET- MDS 2017
|S.NO||SUBJECT||SUBJECT WISE WEIGHTAGE IN
|1||General Anatomy including embryology and histology||14|
|2||General human physiology and Biochemistry||14|
|3||Dental Anatomy, Embryology & Oral Histology||14|
|4||General Pathology and Microbiology||14|
|5||General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||14|
|9||Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||15|
|10||Oral Medicine and Radiology||15|
|11||Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||14|
|12||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||14|
|14||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||14|
|15||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||14|
|16||Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||14|
|17||Public Health Dentistry||14|
The syllabus of the above topics shall be as per the latest Regulations for BDS courses notified by the Dental Council of India with prior approval of the Govt. of India. For the latest syllabus and other details please refer www.dciindia.org.in
- Admit card download from university website.
- At the end of Registration & Scheduling process, the applicant will get a computer generated acknowledgement at the registered email id of the applicant. Admit card will be issued to candidate once registration & scheduling process is successfully complete. When the admit card is received by email, it should be read carefully and all information mentioned should be verified. Candidate is required to print a copy of admit card and affix a latest passport size photograph of the following specifications on the admit card.
Candidates MUST bring to the test centre the following documents:
- Printed copy of the Admit Card with Photo of the candidate pasted on it
- Photocopy of Permanent and Provisional SDC/DCI registration*, to be retained by the test Centre; AND
- Any one of the authorized photo IDs** (must be original, valid and non-expired)
*Candidates who have obtained their Primary medical Qualification outside India and do not have SDC/DCI registration should bring their original screening test pass certificate issued on NBE letterhead.
** The name on the photo identification must match with the name as shown on the Admit card. If the name has been changed due to events such as marriage; candidate must show the relevant document at the time of exam.
- The cut off dates for the recognition of the Dental Colleges, from where the candidates have passed, must have a recognised degree of BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) awarded by an Indian University, in respect of recognised Dental College under Section 10(2) of the Dentists Act, 1948 or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Dental Council of India and completed compulsory rotatory Internship for the year 2017 will be 31st Oct 2016. The Colleges recognized after this date will not be considered.
The candidates are also advised to download the Rank Cards from the website after publication of results.
Click here for Exam Results
The NEET-MDS counselling process includes document verification, option entry, publishing of seat matrix, selection, seat allotment, fee payment and reporting to allotted college. Registration with State Dental Councils is necessary and its documentary proof has to be furnished at the time of counseling.