National Law University Odisha (NLUO), Cuttack invites applications for admissions to Ph.D Programme for the academic year 2016- 17.
Ph.D Programme admission is conducted by National Law University Odisha (NLUO), Cuttack.
Total no of seats in Ph.D programme – 10
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
1. An applicant seeking admission to Ph.D. Degree programme must have: Master's Degree in Law from any recognized University securing not less than 55% marks or its equivalent in grade; or
2. Master's Degree in Law from any recognized University with 50% marks or its equivalent in grade and have had at least five years full-time
teaching/judicial/professional/administrative experience in the subject; or
3. Degree in Law and a Masters Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities, Management Studies or Sciences from any recognized University with not less than 55% marks or its equivalent in grade; or
4. Obtained a Degree in Law and a Masters Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities, Management Studies or Sciences from any recognized University with 50% marks and have had at least five years full time teaching/judicial/professional/administrative experience in the subject;
5. or obtained a Master's Degree in Social Sciences, Sciences, Humanities or Management from any recognize University with 55% marks and have had at least two years of teaching experience; or
6. Ph.D. in any discipline; or
7. Judge of any State High Court in India or the Supreme Court of India
Applicants are required to submit the following:
1. Completed application form
2. Three copies of the proposed research topic (10 Pages) of a contemporary issue with the broad frame work of Law & related subjects.
3. A demand draft of Rs. 3000/- drawn in favour of “Registrar National Law University Odisha”
4. Attested photocopies of eligibility qualification certificates and mark sheets
5. One set of published papers, monographs, articles and books (if applicable)
6. Certificate from the Institution concerned testifying the length of service (if required)
7. A passport size photograph.
The completed application form along with the enclosures listed above is to be sent via registered post/courier or delivered by hand at the following address:
The Registrar, NLUO
Kathajodi Campus, Sector 13 CDA,
Application Fee Rs. 3,000/-
Registration Fee Rs. 25,000/-
Coursework Examination Fees Rs. 1,000/-
Thesis Evaluation Fee (at the time of submission of thesis) Rs. 20,000/-
Selected Candidates will be given a stipend of Rs. 15,000/- per month.
Ph.D Programme Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
1. Submitted application forms will to be screened, and candidates found eligible will be required to appear for an entrance examination on Monday, June 27, 2016 in NLUO campus only.
2. Foreign nationals and candidates who have passed the NET or JRF examinations are exempted from appearing in the entrance examination.
3. Successful and exempted candidates (NET/JRF) are required to appear before a Doctoral Committee and present their research proposals.
4. Selected candidates will be notified and intimated.
For more details please contact
National Law University Odisha, Cuttack
Kathajodi Campus, Sector 13, CDA
The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper of 150 marks with 2 hours duration. The syllabus of the paper shall cover:
A. Research Aptitude
Research; Meaning, Characteristics and Types, Steps of Research, Methods of Research, Research Ethics, Sources, Acquisition and Interpretation of Data, Quantitative and Qualitative Data, Graphical Representation and Mapping of Data
B. Constitutional Law of India
Preamble, Fundamental Rights and Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy, Judiciary, Parliament and State Legislature, Amendment of the Constitution, Writ Jurisdiction
C. Legal Theory
Nature and Sources of Law, Positivism, Natural Law Theory, Sociological Jurisprudence, Theories of Punishment, Rights and Duties, Concept and Possession and Ownership
The candidates need to secure 50% Marks in order to qualify for the next stage of presentation.
Leave your comments for National Law University Odisha (NLUO) announces PhD Programme Admission 2016comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on