Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda had also introduced the PET Examination (S.R. No: 27 (7) dated 6-9-2010) onwards and so far five examinations have been conducted. The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda had accepted the UGC admission procedure and had given exemptions to the candidates who have qualified in the National/ State eligibility examinations such as UGC-CSIR (NET)/ SET/GATE/DBT/ICMR/JRF etc.
Ph. D entrance test will have an examination on the similar line of UGC-CSIR (NET) examinations. The Entrance Test shall have 3 parts viz: Part-A General Aptitude ; Part-B- Subject in which candidate wants to appear and Part-C- Personality Test. The test will be conducted in the medium of English, except in the test for language subjects other than English. The question paper shall be of Multiple Choice Questions, and details of the syllabus etc can see in this website.
Candidates can get the full details of Ph.D Entrance Test (PET), Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda Exam 2017 such as Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates and much more on this post.
|Exam Name:||Ph.D Entrance Test (PET), Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda|
|Conducting Institute:||Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda|
|Commonly called as:||MSU PET|
|Exam Level:||University Level|
|Last date for applying online:||January 2017|
|Date of Examination:||February 2017|
- Educational Qualification: candidates who are interested to join the program must posses the Masters degree from any recognized University with minimum 50% or equivalent grades.
- The candidates who have qualified national/state level competitive examination such as UGC-CSIR/NET/SET/GATE/GPAT/DBT/ICMR/JRF and also M.Phil degree holders are exempted from appearing in PET Examination.
|Application Fee For General / OBC Candidates||Rs.1500/-|
|Application Fee For SC/ST/PH/VH candidates||Rs.1000/-|
- Candidates must read the eligibility criteria carefully to satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for the test before online registration and submitting the printout of online application forms
- Before applying online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at PET website
- Fill the details of demand draft number, date and bank name in the application form which is compulsory for form submission
- Fee submitted through any other mode like cash, money order, pay order, cheque, IPO etc will be summarily rejected
- Before applying online, the candidates must possess the scanned passport size photograph in JPEG format and should not be more then 100 kb; demand draft and its details; personal details, educational details etc
- Candidate seeking admission to the test must apply online through a link apply for PET available on the PET website. No other means/ mode of application will be accepted
- When a candidate click the apply for PET button a window will appear entitled online registration for Ph.D entrance test (PET examination)
- Click the button register for PET to fill up the application form online
- Please fill correct information carefully in the online application form and follow the on screen instructions for filling up application form
- Confirm that your name, subject, category, physically or visually handicapped, demand draft details and all other details filled are correct
- No correction will be made after you submit the application form
- After filling all the information correctly please click submit button given below the page
- After you submit your details, your application number will be generated and displayed on the page
- Please note down application number correctly and carefully for all future purposes and correspondences, to reprint the application form, to download examination hall ticket and to download results
- After taking down the application number click on button next
- After successful submission and confirmation, the candidate should take printout of filled online application form two copies on A-4 size paper only in portrait orientation to have it on one single page
The candidates will be conducted the written test first, the candidates who clears the written exam will be eligible for personal interview.
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
The cut off score depends on difficulty level of exam, availability of seats, number of applicants, etc. Based on the cut-off score examination authority prepares the merit list and candidates are called for counselling.
The candidates are required to enter their respective Ph.D Entrance Test (PET) 2017 Roll Number for checking their result and downloading of their scorecard. The result will furnish the rank secured by the candidates. Based on the result of Ph.D Entrance Test (PET) and the cutoff screening, eligible candidates would be selected for the next round of selection process. The selected candidates would be enlisted in a merit list and will be called for counselling cum allotment on the basis of appearance in the list.
Candidates who are qualified in Ph.D Entrance Test will be called for the counselling process of PET 2017.
PET Examination(Ph. D Entrance Test),
Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET Office)
The M. S. University of Baroda,
B- Block, ”Chameli Baug”,Nr. University Guest House,
University Road, Pratapgunj,
Vadodara 390 002.
Help line Number : 0265 - 2789485
List of suggested books for MSU PET exam preparations.