Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
The Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) Center, University of Mysore, Mysore is a Nodal Agency recognized by the UGC, New Delhi for conducting the Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) for lectureship/Assistant Professor since 2010. This center is also one of the Nodal centers in Karnataka for conducting UGC-NET examination twice a year. KSET strictly adhering to the guidelines stipulated by the UGC-NET Bureau, will be conducting State Eligibility Test once in a year to make rigorous merit-based selection for the entry level of the teaching profession. Currently, KSET is conducting the test in 39 subjects at eleven (11) Nodal Centers spread across the Karnataka State.
Candidates can get the full details of Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) 2016 such as Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates and much more on this post.
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates to appear for Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) for Lecturer / Assistant Professorship 2016 to be conducted on 11th December, 2016. Applications should be submitted online and candidates are requested to go through this notification carefully before filling their application. Candidates who qualify the KSET - 2016 are governed by the recruitment rules and regulations stipulated for Lecturers / Assistant Professors of concerned Universities / Colleges / Institutions (Government/ Aided /Private) of Karnataka State
|Exam Name:||Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET)|
|Conducting Institute:||Mysore University, Mysore|
|Commonly called as:||KSET|
|Exam Level:||State Level|
|Stream:||Common Entrance Exam|
|Notification date||23rd September 2016|
|Submission of On-line Application commences from||26th September 2016|
|Last date for submission of online application||25th October 2016|
|Last date for submission of online application with late fee of Rs.150/-||05th November 2016|
|Last date for submission of hard copy of the Application form||10th November 2016|
|KSET Date of Examination||11th December 2016|
List of 39 subjects for which examination will be conducted by K-SET along with their respective codes is as given below:
|Subject Code||Subject||Medium of Question Paper|
|01||Commerce||English & Kannada|
|03||Economics(I)||English & Kannada|
|05||Political Science||English & Kannada|
|06||History||English & Kannada|
|07||Sociology||English & Kannada|
|08||Geography||English & Kannada|
|10||Management (II)||English & Kannada|
|11||Tourism Administration||English & Kannada|
|12||Education||English & Kannada|
|13||Library & Information Science||English|
|14||Mass Communication & Journalism||English & Kannada|
|15||Psychology||English & Kannada|
|16||Social Work||English & Kannada|
|17||Criminology||English & Kannada|
|18||Law||English & Kannada|
|20||Physical Education||English & Kannada|
|21||Folk Literature(III)||English & Kannada|
|23||Public Administration||English & Kannada|
|24||Computer Science & Applications||English|
|32||Earth Science (VIII)||English|
|33||Archaeology(IX)||English & Kannada|
|34||Anthropology||English & Kannada|
|36||Philosophy||English & Kannada|
|37||Women Studies(X)||English & Kannada|
|38||LInguistics||English & Kannada|
|39||Performing Arts||English & Kannada|
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks (without rounding off) for general category and 50% for Schedule Category (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons With Disability (PWD-VH/PH), Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB, in master’s degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in the subjects opted for KSET examination.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also appear for this Test.
- The Ph.D. Degree holders whose Master’s degree completed on or before 19th September 1991 (irrespective of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% marks for appearing in KSET examination.
- Candidates shall appear for KSET examination in their relevant subject of their postgraduation only, in case the candidate did not find the subject of his post graduation in the list of KSET subjects, the candidate may appear in CBSE UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Candidates other than general category are required to mention their social status (Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB, SC, ST, PWD (VH/PH)) in the online application form. Candidates may note that they should satisfy the eligibility conditions and they are required to submit attested copies of documents such as post graduate degree marks cards, Xth Marks card, category certificates and certificates related to PWD (VH/PH) enclosed with their application.
- Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that admission to the examination will not imply that the KSET center has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that candidature will be deemed final only upon fulfilling of eligibility conditions.
- Candidate who became eligible in earlier KSET TEST are not eligible to apply again in the same subject. If any candidate found to be eligible in previous KSET tests and reappearing for the current KSET their candidature will be cancelled and the previous eligibility is withdrawn through de-notification.
- There is no upper age limit to apply for KSET examination.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC-NET/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from KSET examination.
|Examination fee for General Category||Rs. 1050/-|
|Examination fee for Cat-IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB||Rs. 850/-|
|Examination fee for Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD (VH/PH)||Rs. 550/-|
Late fee of Rs.150/- has to be paid by candidates who submit online application after the last date till the extended period.
Note: Candidates belonging to category CAT-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB, SC, ST, PWD (VH/PH) who claim fee exemption must enclose attested copy of Category certificate issued by competent authority along with the hard copy of the application.
1) Candidates seeking admission to KSET 2016 examination must apply online through KSET web site http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in.
2) Before proceeding to apply candidates must possess a scanned passport size photo in JPEG format (4.5cm x 3.5cm) memory should not exceed 200 Kbytes.
3) Candidates should register (sign up for registration) giving required E-mail id & password.
(Note: Candidate should note down and remember their E-mail ID and password till the announcement of final results of KSET 2016 examination). Candidates then proceed to give their personal, educational and KSET exam details, while mentioning their educational qualification they should mention their PG course as Passed or appearing as the case may be.
4) Candidates after successful online registration giving personal, educational and KSET-16 examination details. They can proceed for making payment of examination Fee by opting either cash payment or online payment. Candidates who choose for cash payment can take the printout of PAY IN SLIP and make payment in any of the CANARA BANK CASH COUTERS only and those who opt for online payment they can choose DEBIT CARD, CREDIT CARD, NETBANKING or NEFT and make payment. After successful payment candidates can take the hard copy of the e-challan provided by the CANARA BANK or a receipt generated from web for online payment.
5) After paying the necessary fee candidates have to login with their registered email ID and password FOR DOWNLOADING THE APPLICATION FORM AND CAN TAKE the printout of the 3 sheets of application form (hard copy) in A-4 size paper as detailed below;
1. Application form - to be submitted to the Nodal center chosen by the candidate
2. Attendance slip - to be submitted to the Nodal center chosen by the candidate
3. Admission card - to be retained by the candidate
6) Hard copy of the application form should be submitted to the respective Nodal center along with e-Challan (for Cash Payment) or receipt generated through web (online payment) along with attested copies of:
a. SSLC Marks Card
b. SC, ST, PWD (VH/PH), Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB category certificates
c. Proof of qualifying examination certificate and final PG Degree Marks Card. (For those who apply under appearing may submit the same after passing the qualifying examination)
7) Candidates should compulsorily submit the hard copy of application along with all other related documents in an A4 size cover, super scribed as [Application for KSET - 2016], within the last date for submission. Application received after the last date will not be considered.
8) Printout of admission card should be retained by the candidate and bring on the day of examination. NO Admission card will be issued separately either by the Nodal centers or by KSET center. Candidates should compulsorily bring the valid Photo i.d. to the examination center without fail.
The Eleven Test Centers of KSET where test will be conducted in Karnataka State with their respective codes are given below. The candidate can select any one Test Center for KSET examination.
|Sl.no||Center Name||Center Code|
Note: Please Note That Test Center Once Selected Is Final And Will Not Be Allowed For Change Of Center Under Any Circumstances
a) Syllabus: Syllabus for KSET examination will be the same as in UGC/CSIR-NET. Syllabi for all the KSET subjects can be downloaded from the KSET website http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in. The KSET center, Mysore will not send the syllabus to the candidates individually.
b) In case of any discrepancy found in the Kannada translation of a question booklet the question in English version shall be taken as final.
Syllabus for KSET 2016
|Subject Code||Subject Name||Download File|
|11||Tourism and Administration||Download|
|13||Library & Information Science||Download|
|14||Mass Communication & Journalism||Download|
|24||Computer Science & Applications||Download|
The test will be consisting of three papers. The test for all the three papers will consist of only Multiple-choice Questions (MCQ). The test will be held on 11th December, 2016 in two separate sessions as mentioned below:
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||60 out of which 50 questions to be attempted||1 ¼ Hours (09.30 A.M to 10.45 A.M)|
|II||100||50 questions all are compulsory||1 ¼ Hours (11.00 A.M to 12.15 PM)|
|Second||III||150||75 questions all are compulsory||2 ½ Hours (01.30 P.M to 4.00 P.M)|
Paper-I : General Paper is on Teaching and Aptitude:
=> This Paper shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate
=> In the event of candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated and within that if grace marks awarded at later stage before declaration of the results to any question even if the candidate unattempted then such questions will also included in the count while taking the count of first 50 questions.
Paper-II : Subject Paper:
This Paper shall consist of questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each paper will consist of a Test Booklet containing 50 compulsory Multiple-choice questions (MCQ) of two marks each and maximum marks will be 100.
Paper-III : Subject paper (in depth questions):
This Paper will consist of 75 Multiple-choice (MCQ) compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidates. Each question will carry two marks and maximum marks will be 150..
=> All the questions of paper II & Paper III are compulsory, covering the entire syllabus (including all electives, without any options). The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of paper I and Paper II in OMR sheet provided with test booklet of Paper I and the responses for paper III should be marked in the OMR sheet provided with test booklet of Paper III.
=> The detailed instructions for filling up the OMR sheet including instructions to candidates will be made available on KSET website http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in.
=> A candidate who does NOT appear for Paper-I and Paper-II will NOT be permitted to appear for Paper-III.
There will be no negative marking.
For Persons with disability (PWD -Visually Handicapped / Physically Handicapped) 30 minutes extra time will be provided separately for Paper-I and Paper- II. For Paper-III, 45 minutes extra time shall be provided. They will also be provided the services of a scribe. The services of a scribe will be provided for VH candidates and in case of PH candidates who are not in a position to write in their own handwriting. Such of those VH/PH candidates seeking services of scribes have to make a written request (at least 15 days before the date of KSET examination) to the Nodal officer of the respective test center opted by the candidate. Extra time and facility of scribe would not be provided to other Physically Handicapped candidates.
Admit card download from university website.
The candidate should also dowload ehall ticket from University official website.
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
Candidates have who score more than cut off Marks would feature in the merit list.
Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained in each paper
|Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB, SC, ST, PWD (VH/PH)||35(35%)||35(35%)||60(40%)|
The candidates are also advised to download the Rank Cards from the website after publication of results.
This will comprise the following steps for considering a candidate for the eligibility for lectureship:
Stage 1: The candidates are required to obtain minimum marks separately in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III as stated below, such candidates only will be considered for merit list. Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained in each paper
Stage 2: Merit list prepared subject-wise and category-wise using the aggregate marks (total marks of all the three papers) obtained.
Stage 3: From the merit list prepared in Stage 2, top 15% candidates (in each subject and in each category) will be declared as KSET qualified for eligibility for Lectureship. It may be noted that the above qualifying criteria decided by KSET is final and binding.
KARNATAKA STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST (K-SET) Center
University of Mysore,