Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
KIITEE 2017 Exam Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Examination (KIITEE) is an entrance exam conducted by Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University for admission in professional engineering degree for undergraduate and post – graduate courses. Candidates have to attempt the entrance exam to get qualified for the admission process. Duration of the exam will be three hours. Questions in it would be composed of three subjects, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. A total number of questions asked would be 120 (40x3). No application or examination fee would be charged with KIITEE 2014 Exam. To get admission in KIIT B.Tech degree courses, one has to undergo the KIIT Entrance Examination (KIITEE). For admissions in M.Tech, one can get admitted through various means such as GATE, through sponsorship from Industries & departments or through KIIT entrance exam.
|Apply Online||2nd week of December 2016 to Last week of March 2017|
|Last date of receiving Filled in Application form||Last week of March 2017|
|Last date of hosting Admit Card in the website:||First week of April 2017|
|Date of Entrance Examination (Online)||Third week to Last week of April 2017|
|Declaration of Entrance Exam Results||Third week of May 2017|
|Counseling||First & Second week of June 2017|
Detailed Counseling Schedule will be declared after publication of result.
B.Tech. (4years)/B.Tech & M.Tech-Dual Degree (5years)/B.Tech & MBA-Dual Degree (6years) Course
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination or appearing in 10+2 examination both are eligible to apply.
- Should have studied in regular full-time formal education in their schooling / college.
- Pass in 10 +2 or its equivalent with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics took together.
- B.Tech & M.Tech. (Dual Degree) Biotechnology.
- Pass in 10+2 or equivalent with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology/Biotechnology taken together.
- Should have born on or after 01.07.1996.
B.Tech. -LE (3 years)
Pass in three years diploma course in Engineering with at least 60% marks in aggregate from State Council of Technical Education of any state or equivalent. Candidate should have born on or after 01.07.1993
B.Tech in Architecture (5 years):
- Candidate pass in (10+2) examination from a recognised board or its equivalent subject to securing 60% marks in aggregate with mathematics as a subject at the higher secondary level and a pass in the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture (CoA), New Delhi.
- Candidate 10+2 pass with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English with at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together for general
category candidates and 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together for SC/ST Candidates.
- Age: Lower age should be 17 years and upper age limit should be maximum 25 years on 31st December. The upper age limit may be relaxed by five
year for SC/ST candidates
B.Sc. Nursing (4 years):
- Pass in 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry & Biology and English (PCBE) with at least 45% marks in aggregate.
- Age: Lower age should be 17 years as on 31.12.16 & upper age limit should be maximum 35 years as on 31.12.16
B.A. LL.B/BBA LL.B/B.Sc LL.B (5 years)
- 10+2 pass or equivalent in any stream with at least 45% marks.
- B.Sc. LL.B candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent in the science stream with at least 45% marks
- Age: Not completed 21 years of age as on 01.07.17
BBA (3 years) :
- Pass in 10+2 in any stream with at least 50% marks and having Mathematics / Business Mathematics / Economics / Statistics as one of the subjects in 10+2 level. Should have born on or after 01.07.1996.
BCA (5 years):
- Pass in 10+2 in any stream with at least 50% marks and having Mathematics as one of the subjects in 10+2 level. Should have born on or after 01.07.1996.
Bachelor of Design (Fashion/Textile) (4years):
- Pass in 10+2 in any stream with 50% marks in aggregate.
- Should have born on or after 01.07.1996.
Bachelor of Film &Television Production (3years):
- Pass in 10+2 in any stream with 50% marks in aggregate Should have born on or after 01.07.1996
Integrated Master of Mass Communication (5 years)
- Pass in 10+2 in any stream with 50% marks in aggregate.
- Should have born on or after 01.07.1996
- A candidate who has passed IB Diploma from International Baccalaureate Organization, Geneva, Switzerland are eligible to take admission in all the courses where 10+2 is the eligibility qualification. Other criteria of the eligibility remain as applicable.
POST GRADUATE COURSES
- Any Graduate with minimum 50% marks in graduation or equivalent having mathematics either in 10+2 or graduation level as one of the subject. Candidate should have born on or after 01.07.1993.
M.Tech. (2 years):-
- B.E. or B.Tech. or equivalent Degree (e.g. AMIE, GRADE-IETE etc) in respective branches of Engineering and Technology with a First Class or equivalent CGPA or First Class MCA / First Class M.Sc. in (Comp/IT/ETC) GATE qualified candidates shall be accorded preference in the process of selection. GATE qualified candidates having Score 400 or above need not sit in the entrance Examination.
Course wise Eligibility Criteria (M.Tech.(2Years):-
Electrical: –Specialization in Power Electronics & Drives/Power Energy & System/Power System Engineering :-
- First class B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent in Electrical, Electronics & Electrical , Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Tele-Comm., Electronics & Instrumentation & Electronics & Communication.
Computer Science & Engineering:- Specialization in Computer Science Engineering/Computer Science & Information Security/Data Analytics/Software Engineering:
- First Class B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics & Electrical, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & TeleComm., Electronics & Instrumentation or First Class in MCA or First Class in M.Sc. Comp.Sc./ Information Technology.
Electronics & Tele- Communication Engineering:
Specialization in Communication Engineering/VLSI Design & Embedded System/RF & Microwave :-
- First Class B.E./ B.Tech., or equivalent in Electronics & Tele-Comm., Electronics & Instrumentation, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Electrical or First Class in M.Sc. ( Electronics).
Specialization in Manufacturing Process & Systems/Thermal Engineering/Machine Design :-
- First Class B.E. /B. Tech. or equivalent in Mechanical / Production Engineering.
Civil Engineering :-
Specialization in Construction Engineering & Management/StructuralEngineering/Geotechnical Engineering/Water Resources Engineering:
- First Class B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent in Civil Engineering.
M.Sc. (Biotechnology/Applied Microbiology) (2years):-
- Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Science/ Agriculture/ Pharmacy/ Veterinary/ Engineering / Technology / Medicine (MBBS/BDS) with at least 55% marks.
- Candidate should have been born on or after 01.07.1992.
M.Sc. Nursing (2Years):
- Candidate should be a registered Nurse or Registered midwife or equivalent with any state Nursing Registration Council.
-The minimum education requirement shall be passing of B.Sc.Nursing/B.Sc.Hons.Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc Nursing with Minimum of 55% aggregate marks.(5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST candidates) The candidate should have undergone B.Sc.Nursing/B.Sc.Hons.Nursing/PostBasic B.Sc.Nursing in an institution which is recognised by Indian Nursing Council.
- Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc Nursing, Candidate should be medically fit.
- Candidate should have passed B.A.LLB/BBA LLB/B.Sc.LLB/B.L, degree or an equivalent degree from recognised university and must have secured at least 55% of marks in aggregate
- Candidate having M.Tech /ME/ MCA/MBA or equivalent Degree with minimum 60% marks or an equivalent CGPA or M.Sc./MA/M.Com/LLM or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent.
=> B.Tech (4 Years) in following branches of Engineering :
Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Telecommunication, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Electrical, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical (Automobile) and Dual Degree Programme
=> B.Tech & M.Tech - Biotechnology (Dual Degree) (5 Years)
=> B. Arch (5 years)
=> B.Tech (Lateral Entry) (3 Years)
=> MBBS (4½ Years)
=> BDS (4 Years)
=> B.Sc. Nursing (4 Years)
=> BA.LLB / BBA.LLB & B.Sc.LLB (5 Years)
=> Bachelor of Design (Fashion / Textile) (4 Years)
=> Bachelor of Film & Television Production (3 Years)
=> BBA (3 Years)
=> BCA (3 Years)
=> M.Sc (Biotechnology) /M.Sc (Applied Microbiology) (2 Years)
=> Integrated Master of Mass Communication (5 Years)
=> M.Sc. Nursing (2 Years)
=> MCA ( 3 Years)
=> MCA (Lateral Entry) (2 Years)
=> M.Tech. (2 Years)
=> LLM (1 Year)
The KIITEE Quota Seats are distributed among different categories of candidates as follows. Separate Merit list will be prepared for each Category
|Reservation Category||% of seats|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Physically Challenged (PC)||3%|
|Registration Fees per Semester||Rs.1000/-|
|Examination Fees per Semester||Rs.1000/-|
Registration Fees for the 1st semester will be collected at the time of counselling and for the rest of the semesters, the registration fees will be collected at the beginning of each semester. Examination Fees will be collected during the Form Fill up for the Semester Examination.
- Application Form and Prospectus will be available online only. It will not be available in hard copy. Candidates have to apply online at http://www.kiitee.ac.in or http://www.kiit.ac.in or they can download it from the website.
The ‘Online Application Form’ will be accepted after the following steps are completed:-
- Browse KIIT website http://www.kiitee.ac.in or http://www.kiit.ac.in.
- Select ‘Online Application’ / ‘Download’ option. (If you want to download, take the print out of downloaded Application Form’).
- Go through the Instructions to fill up the form.
- Fill up ‘Online Application Form’ and submit.
- Take the print out of Application Form mentioning the Application Number.
- Paste the Photographs in the space provided for it.
- Sign on ‘Signature’ columns both by candidate and parent/guardian.
- Dispatch the Application Form along with two passport size colour photographs pasted in appropriate place and 10th Pass Certificate/ Mark sheet.
Candidates should retain photocopies of ‘printed application form’ which may serve as a reference for future correspondence.
The online application will be accepted subject to receipt of printed application, photographs, copy of 10th Pass Certificate / Mark sheet only.
The print out of online Application form or filled in downloaded application form should be submitted in person / by post (Registered Post /Speed Post / Courier) to “The Director, Admissions, KIIT University, Koel Campus, Bhubaneswar - 751024, Odisha, India” so as to reach on or before it. last week of March 2017, 5.00 p.m.
- The language of the questions will be in English. The questions will not be in any other language.
- In each of these sections, every question is followed by 4 answer options. Choose the option that is most appropriate. Indicate your answer by
clicking on the circle adjacent to the option you think is right.
- Candidate can go to any question directly by clicking on the question number, which will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- The answered question number will be marked Green and the unanswered/ skipped question number will remain in blue.
- Each correct answer fetches 4 marks.
- There is negative marking. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The test closes automatically once the allotted time of 180 Minutes is over.
- In case you want to review the answers in the remaining time you can do so, else you may complete the test and submit. Ensure that you click on submit as a sign of completion.
- KIITEE answer key will be published on the website after examination.
Admit Card will be hosted in the website on First week of April 2017. In case, the Admit Card is not available in the website. Candidates should write/contact KIIT 2nd week of April 2017 giving details of the Post Office, date of dispatch, receipt of postal dispatch, Photocopy of the Application Form, one photograph, photocopy of 10th Pass Certificate / Mark sheet. The candidates have to download the admit card from the website and have to come with the printed copy to the examination Centre. Admit Cards will not be dispatched in Hard Copy. Candidates must preserve the Admit Card till the admission process is over.
The Board of Kalinga University will be fixing the cutoff marks on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in Entrance Examination. The Board of KIIT University will also prepare a separate Merit list where in you can check out for the candidates who got a merit in their examination. Usually, the cut-off mark will be fixed by the appropriate University and later a cutoff list will be issued by the university. Apart from the cutoff marks, the availability of the seats in various courses will also be determined at the time of preparing the cutoff list. Aspirants who will be attaining more number of marks or equivalent marks as mentioned in the cutoff list prepared by the university will be then called up for Counselling session conducted by the KIITEE. Counselling session will be held usually for every entrance examination that is quite essential for allotting admission.
Results of KIITEE will be declared On the basis of marks secured by the candidate in Entrance Examination, separate Merit lists will be prepared for B.Tech, B.Tech & M.Tech Dual Degree, B.Tech & MBA Dual Degree / B.Arch. / B.Tech. (LE), MBBS / BDS / BSc. Nursing / BBA / BCA / B.ALL.B / BBA.LLB / B.Sc.LL.B, Bachelor of Design (Fashion / Textile), Bachelor of Film & Television Production/ Integrated Master of Mass Communication,
Biotechnology- Dual Degree (B.Tech / M.Tech), M.Tech, LL.M, MCA, MCA(LE) M.Sc. (Biotechnology / Applied Microbiology), Ph.D. A cut-off
qualifying mark will be fixed by the University, at the time of declaration of Entrance Result.
The result will be published through University Websites. The candidates can see their result by giving their application number. Rank Card indicating the Rank in Entrance Examination, shall be sent to the qualified candidates. Candidates can download the rank card from the website.
Bhubaneswar - 751024,
Phone: 0674- 2742103, 2741747, 2741389,
Fax: 91 674 2741465
If you have questions, or need tips to prepare for KIITEE, you can just ask them in the KIITEE community.