The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University located at Hyderabad conducts the Planning and Architecture Enterance test (PACET) annually as an entrance test for the admission into their programs. The institute is well known as one of the best institutes and is renowned for its excellent academic environment because of its knowledge oriented faculties. The institute itself is a popular landmark and has carved a niche for itself in the field of Architecture in the state of Telangana and has recently attained the status of an autonomous college and has many colleges and institutes that are affiliated to it.
Candidates can get the full details of PACET Exam 2017 such as Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates and much more on this post.
PACET Exam Dates
| Date of Examination
|In the Month of June 2017
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- He/she should be a native of Andhra Pradesh.
- The candidate should be at least 16 years of age as on the date of commencement of admission as announced by PACET committee.
- Candidates should have passed 10 + 2 examination conducted by Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh or related Vocational Courses conducted by Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh along with bridge course(s) conducted by it or any other examination recognized as equivalent there to by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh, and should have secured not less than 50% marks in the aggregate with Mathematics and English as subjects of examination for admission into 5 - year B.Arch. degree course and not less than 50% marks in the aggregate with any subjects for admission into 4- year B. Plng degree course.
- Candidates should have passed three years diploma (10+3) in Engineering / Architecture conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh or its equivalent there to as recognized by State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh and should have secured not less than 50% marks in the aggregate with Mathematics and English as subjects of examination for admission into 5 - year B.Arch. degree course and not less than 50% marks with any subject for admission into 4 - year B. Plng degree course.
- Candidates appearing for 10+2 final examination or equivalent or final year Diploma examination are also eligible to apply. However, they shall fulfill the criteria stipulated in clauses II (c) (i) or / and (ii) above to be eligible for admission.
PACET Registration & Examination Fee Structure
|Application Fee Is
How to Apply
- Log onto the official website www.jntu.ac.in
- Fill all the mandatory details of the application form
- Candidate must attach the following documents along with the application
- Two attested copies of 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Two passport size photographs
- Two attested copies of the Bachelor degree mark sheet or any qualifying exam mark sheet if any
- PIO/OCI card if any
- Take a demand draft of Rs 400/- along with the application form. The Demand Draft must be in favour of secretary, APSCHE
- The exam pattern consists of drawing test of two types with aesthetic and drawing test with 100 marks each and two hours time duration.
- For B.Plan consists of single test with 100 marks each and two hour time duration
- The exam is normally held in the month of July every year
- Drawing an object in a perspective and in visually appearing manner
- Sketching the effects of the light and shadows cast on the surroundings
- Perspective drawing
- Combining and Composing the three dimensional image to draw a building or structural form
- Scale and sense of proportion
- Drawing the sketch in memory lane by the day to day activities
- Analytical Reasoning
- Mental Ability
- Architectural Awareness
- Imaginative comprehension and expression
- Drawing a three dimensional image to two dimensional image
- Drawing different sides of three dimensional image
- Pattern recognition
- Logical thinking
- Planning and development
- General Knowledge
- Community Awareness
- Scientific thinking
- Quantitative abilities
Admit Card / Hall Ticket
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
- Students can expect their result in month of August, 2017.
- They can check it on website www.jntu.ac.in. They will be able to see their rank and scores on it.
JNT University Hyderabad,
Phone : 32422253
Fax : 23158665
Email Id : Pa2registrar@jntuh.ac.in
Website : http://www.jntuh.ac.in/new/