Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board will conduct the Joint Entrance Examination/Test titled "JEEDEC" for admission to Five years evening courses for Bachelor Degree in Civil / Electrical / Mechanical Engineering for the academic year 2017- 18 in Jadavpur University.
|Exam Name:||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (JEEDEC)|
|Commonly called as:||JEEDEC|
|Exam Level:||University Level|
|Conducting Institute:||West Bangal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB)|
|On-line form fill up||4th week of March 2017 to 4th week of April 2017|
|Fee payment||4th week of March 2017 to 4th week of April 2017|
|Download Admit card||1st & 2nd week of May 2017|
|JEEDEC Examination||2nd week of May 2017|
|Publication of result||2nd week of June 2017|
|Counselling||To be decided by the Jadavpur University|
- Must be a citizen of India.
- Must have passed Diploma Examination from UGC recognised Indian University / Government / Statutory Body in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with at least 60% marks or equivalent Grade Point (at least 45% marks or equivalent Grade Point for SC/ST/PWD)
- Must have at least one-year relevant experience in the respective field since publication of his/her Diploma examination result till the last date of submission of application forms.
- If selected for admission, must obtain „No Objection Certificate‟ for the course of study from his/her employer.
- There is no age limit.
28 seats for General, 9 for SC, 2 for ST and 1 for Pwd candidates are available in each course.
It should be noted that a diploma holder will be admitted to evening Degree course in Engineering in respect of the discipline for which Diploma is awarded.
- As per Government of India Reservation policy.
- Application has to be filled up ONLINE at the portal: www.wbjeeb.in
- The candidate needs to visit the portal and follow the links
The candidate has to input name, date of birth, gender, e-mail id and mobile number. Candidate must take utmost care to give these inputs. If mistakes are committed there is no chance of correction. The given mobile number and e-mail id will be used for all further communication.
At the end of this step, the candidate may opt to log out or continue to next step. For further login, the candidate has to use his/her application number and date of birth.
In this step, the candidate has to enter his/her personal and academic information and also two choices of examination centre. The fields mark with (*) are mandatory fields, i.e. mandatory to be filled in.
At this step, the candidate has to upload scanned copies of his/her photograph, signature and Admit Card / Mark sheet of 10th standard as age proof.
|Recent coloured passport sized photograph||storage size : 10 to 100 KB (.JPEG/.JPG)|
|Signature||storage size : 10 to 100 KB (.JPEG/.JPG)|
|Age proof (Admit Card/Mark sheet of 10th standard examination||storage size : 100 to 300 KB (.JPEG/.JPG)|
The candidate has to take a print out of the e-challan for payment of fees of Rs. 510/- (Application fee = Rs. 500/- and Bank Charges = Rs. 10/-). Carry the e-challan to any branch of Allahabad Bank and make payment.
After making the payment, the candidate has to login again and enter relevant payment details. At the end of these four steps candidate will “SUBMIT” finally, when the system will automatically generate a confirmation page. The candidate needs to download, take a printout and preserve
this confirmation page.
Application fee is 510/- only (500/- + 10/- Bank Charges)
The examination will be conducted in the centre(s) located at KOLKATA and HOWRAH. Any examination centre may be dropped if adequate numbers of candidates are not available. The allotment of examination centre is fully at the discretion of the Board. Allotment made by the Board is final and no request for changing the zone/centre of examination will be entertained under any circumstances
The syllabus of JEEDEC has 3 parts: Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- There will be separate question papers for Electrical, Mechanical and Civil Engineering candidates.
- The paper will contain 100 MCQ type questions. Answers are to be marked (bubbled) on OMR Answer Sheets using black /blue ball point pen.
- Each question will have four answer options of which only one is correct.
- Each correct response will fetch 1 mark, each incorrect response will fetch (-1/4) mark, whereas no response will fetch zero marks.
- Multiple responses for any question will fetch (-1/4) mark. The questions will be in English language only.
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
Candidates must ensure that the admit card is not mutilated/ distorted/ soiled even by accident. Candidates with such mutilated/ distorted/ soiled admit cards will not be allowed to appear in JEEDEC-2017.
The Board will publish the merit list and final allotment of seats will be made through counselling to be conducted by the WBJEEB. The Board neither publishes nor communicates the result to any individual applicant. It does not have any provision for post-publication scrutiny or review and hence such application will not be entertained. The tentative date of publication of result on website: www.wbjeeb.in
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
Tel ph. (0330) 2367 1198/99/59/48 Toll free no. - 18003450050
JEEDEC Discussions is a place to ask admissions related questions, and doubts. It is a great place to connect with fellow students who may also be preparing as you or just check discussions from past candidates.