Institute / Organisation:University Grants Commission (UGC)
Ishan Uday Scholarship For North Eastern Region 2016
The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission has taken special interest with regard to the promotion of higher education in the NER. For improving the GER, promoting higher education and for encouraging children belonging to economically weaker section of the NE region, the UGC has decided to launch a Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region from academic session 2015-16
It is envisaged to provide ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships every year beginning from the academic year 2014-15 for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses.
Before launching the scheme the UGC undertook wide ranging consultations with State Governments and Central & State Universities of the NE region, the Ministry of HRD, the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, the North Eastern Council, Shillong and other stakeholders.
The objectives of the Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region are:
- To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region
- To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region
- To focus more on professional education in NE Region
- Optimum utilisation of NER Budgetary Allocation
The application process for Ishan Uday Scholarship will begin on 15th August 2016
The Last Date of Submission of Application Form is15th September 2016
- Only first-year Undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Students with domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National institute of open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only, and have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and para-medical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions recognized by UGC under Section 2(f) of UGC Act, within and outside the States of NER.
- For integrated degree courses the scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course. For dual degree courses, the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree only. The university shall clarify it while recommending a candidate for the scholarship.
- For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
An amount of Rs.5400/- p.m. for General Degree courses and Rs. 7800/- p.m. for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Paramedical courses) will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student.
The Application form will be available at the UGC website: www.ugc.ac.in. The candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria are required to fill the Online Application form of Ishan Uday Scholarship scheme 2016-17
The students must fill the application form very neatly and carefully; and first of all fill the personal details, after which you will get a Registration ID, which will use for future reference; then fill the academic details.
Once the application and other details are filled, Submit your application by clicking on Submit button.
UGC will award ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships per year. In case the number of applicants exceeds the number of scholarships available, the awardees will be selected on the basis of marks scored by them in the Class XII or equivalent exam.
For more details, please visit the official website - http://www.ugc.ac.in/ner/