Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
IUCAA NCRA Admission Test (INAT) 2016 Exam Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can get the full details of SRMGEET Exam 2017 such as Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates and much more on this post.
INAT Results IUCAA NCRA ADMISSION TEST Cut off marks Counselling download CET Score card rank list from the official website.
Applications are invited from highly motivated students for a research scholarship to do a PhD at the Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune or the National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, Pune of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
|Exam Name:||IUCAA NCRA ADMISSION TEST (INAT)|
|Conducting Institute:||Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune|
|Commonly called as:||INAT|
|Exam Level:||University Level|
|Last Date for the Online Submission of INAT||15th September 2016|
|The Last Date for the Online Submission of the Assessment Forms||19th September 2016|
|The Selection for the Research Scholarship will be through a Written Test on||08th December 2016 (at 09.00 am)|
|Short-listed Candidates will be interviewed on||08th and 09th December 2016|
- Applications are invited from students who expect to complete their M.Sc., Integrated M.Sc., B.Sc., or B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech. degrees by July 2017 with 55% marks or more.
- Students in any branch of the B.E., B.Tech., M.E. or M.Tech. degrees, or in the Physics, Electronics, Astronomy or Applied Mathematics branches of the B.Sc. or M.Sc. degrees, are eligible to apply for INAT-2016.
- Students who have already completed any of the above degrees are also eligible.
- In addition, talented final-year B.Sc., 1st year M.Sc., 4th year Integrated M.Sc. and 2nd/3rd year B.E./B.Tech. students may also apply to be pre-selected for the Ph.D. programme at IUCAA.
- Students who complete their M.Sc./Integrated M.Sc./M.E./M.Tech. degrees by July 2017 will be eligible for selection to the Ph.D. programme of both IUCAA and NCRA-TIFR. Students who complete their B.E./B.Tech. degrees by July 2017 are eligible for selection to the Ph.D. programme at IUCAA and to the Integrated Ph.D. programme at NCRA-TIFR (except for Engineering Physics students, who will be eligible for selection to the Ph.D. programme at NCRA-TIFR). Students who complete their B.Sc. degrees by July 2017 will be eligible for selection to the Integrated Ph.D. programme at NCRA-TIFR and for pre-selection to the Ph.D. programme at IUCAA.
IUCAA is looking for highly motivated students with a consistently good academic record. While we strongly encourage students from engineering backgrounds to apply for INAT-2016, we emphasize that we are looking for students who are interested in carrying out doctoral research in Physics, or Astronomy and Astrophysics. We hence expect prospective candidates to have a good understanding of basic Physics.
There are TWO steps in the application procedure. Candidates must first register by entering their name and valid e-mail address in the appropriate registration boxes below.
- An application password will then be automatically sent to the candidates' e-mail address; the e-mail address and the password must be entered in order to fill out the Online Application Form.
- The Application Form also requires the names and e-mail addresses of two referees. When the form is submitted, the candidate will receive an e-mail containing his/her Online ID, an account password, and confirmation that s/he has applied for INAT-2016. E-mails will also be automatically sent to the two referees, requesting them to fill and submit the online Confidential Assessment Form. The candidates should inform their referees about the Assessment Form.
- Note that each applicant must submit his/her Application Form before the referee fills the Assessment Form. Please e-mail The Co-ordinator at [email protected] in case of any problems with the online forms.
- Based on the applications and referee assessments, a subset of the candidates will be short-listed and invited to take the written test, to be held in Pune on Thursday, December 8, 2016.
The test will be of TWO hours duration. The question paper will have two parts, A and B.
- Part A will contain twenty objective-type questions on basic Mathematics, Physics and Electronics.
- Part B will contain another twenty objective-type questions from advanced Physics, Mathematics and Electronics/Engineering.
For each question, candidates will have to identify and mark the correct answer from the given four answers.
- For a correct answer, there will be +3 (plus three) marks, and for a wrong answer, there will be -1 (minus one) mark. Based on their performance in the written test, a limited number of candidates will be invited for two interviews, which will be conducted on December 8 and/or 9, 2016.
- The final selection will be based on the scores in the written test and interviews. Candidates selected by either IUCAA or NCRA-TIFR are expected to join in August 2017 (except for pre-selected candidates), after satisfactory completion of their qualifying examination.
Admit card download from university website.
The candidate should also dowload ehall ticket from University official website.
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
Candidates have who score more than cut off Marks would feature in the merit list. Candidates names included in the merit list will be called for counselling rounds. Candidates can check previous years cut off marks to get an idea of Cut off for the current year as cut off will be declared after the declaration of Result.
INAT Entrance Result has been declared by IUCAA, Pune in the online mode. The candidates are also advised to download the Rank Cards from the website after publication of results.
Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics,
Pune University campus,
Ganeshkhind, Pune 411 007,
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone no.: 020-2560 4203.