Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST),Thiruvananthapuram invites applications for admissions to Dual Degree Programmes for the academic year 2016- 17.
Dual Degree Programmes admission is conducted by Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST),Thiruvananthapuram.
*In the Dual Degree programme introduced this year, students receive on successful completion of the 5-year (10 semesters) programme, a B.Tech. degree in Engineering Physics and a M.S./M.Tech. degree in one of the following four streams.
- M.S. in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- M.S. in Earth System Science
- M.S. in Solid State Physics
- M.Tech. in Optical Engineering
There is no option to exit the program with a B.Tech degree. The students will give their preference for the M.S./M.Tech. specializations at the end of sixth semester. They will pursue IIST Undergraduate Admission-2016 Brochure : Ver 1.0 dated 21-May-2016 one of the four specializations based on their academic performance (C.G.P.A) up to the sixth semester
B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering
B.Tech. in Avionics
Dual Degree (B.Tech. and M.S./M.Tech.)*
B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering: 60 seats and 4 years
B.Tech. in Avionics: 60 seats and 4 years
Dual Degree (B.Tech. and M.S./M.Tech.): 20 seats and 5 years
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must make sure that they satisfy ALL the eligibility criteria described below for applying for admission to undergraduate programmes in IIST.
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission in IIST
- Candidates belonging to General category (GEN) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1991
- The date of birth as recorded in the high school/first Board /or its equivalent will be accepted.
- Candidates seeking admission to IIST should have passed their Qualifying Examination, with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects of the curriculum.
- Candidates belonging to GEN and OBC categories must secure an aggregate of at least 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) in the qualifying examination and those belonging to SC/ST/PD should have an aggregate of at least 60% marks in PCM subjects in the qualifying examination.
How to register Application online for Admission.
- Read the eligibility criteria (Section 5) carefully before registering online for Admission.
- Visit the online application portal admission.iist.ac.in , click the link for undergraduate admission-2016 and fill in all the details in the online application form as per the instructions given there.
- After completing online registration, Download and Print the Challan ( or NRIPayment Form for NRI candidates) and remit the Registration Fee (See Section 7.1).
- Payment can be made at the Bank only on the next working day after the date of registration.
- Enter the Bank Transaction Details by logging into the online application portal using your Registration Number and Password.
- Upload the scanned image in PDF/JPEG format of the Institute copy of the Challan countersigned and stamped (seal) by the Bank.
(i) The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi, etc.
(ii) Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
(iii) Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
(iv) Vocational Higher Secondary Examination.
(v) Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
(vi) Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
(vii) General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
(viii) High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate
Office, Geneva. In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.
For detailed information regarding application procedure, applications, eligibility and other related information, candidates should refer the official notification. Please visit https://www.iist.ac.in for further reference.
Candidates should register their application only through online portal admission.iist.ac.in, download and print the Challan to remit the registration fee as given in the table below:
|Male candidates in GEN and OBC||Rs. 600/- (Six Hundred only)|
|Female candidates in GEN and OBC||Rs. 300/- (Three Hundred only)|
|All SC, ST, PD candidates||Rs.300/-(Three Hundred only)|
The payment can made in any one of the branches of State Bank of India (SBI) or Union Bank of India (UBI), on the next working day onwards, after the date of successful completion of Online Registration, using the Challan that can been downloaded and printed from our website after the registration. The Registration fee is non-refundable.
Dual Degree Programmes Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
For more details please contact
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Thiruvananthapuram - 695547
Help Line: 0471-2568477, 2568478, 2568555
Email: [email protected]
Leave your comments for IIST Thiruvananthapuram announces Dual Degree Programmes Admissions 2016comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on