Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW), New Delhi invites applications for admissions to Ph.D (Part Time) for the academic year 2016- 17.
Ph.D (Part Time) admission is conducted by Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW), New Delhi.
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
Faculty working in Educational Institutions, Scientists working in R&D Organizations/Labs, Professionals working in a PSUs/Corporate/Industry registered under Company’s Act provided that:
- The Applicant possesses the minimum entry qualifications for the degree as given in the admission eligibility for Full Time Research Scholars.
- The Applicant possesses at least two years of relevant teaching/research experience in regular capacity.
- The Applicant proves to the satisfaction of the university that her official duties permit her to devote sufficient time to research.
- The applicant gets an NOC from her employer.
- Facilities for research are available at the applicant's place of work in the chosen field of research
(i) Admission Process to the Ph.D Programme is common to all the three categories of applicants.
(ii)Admission shall be made on the basis of a written Screening Test (Research Aptitude Test, RAT) or an interview or both as decided by the Admission Committee of the university.
(iii) The RAT exam may be conducted in a given subject only in case if adequate numbers of applications are not received from the RAT exempted category in that subject. However the application fee of Rs. 750 as deposited by the applicants is non-refundable irrespective of conduct or non-conduct of RAT Examination.
The RAT Exam may be conducted in the following disciplines:
- Electronics and Communication
- Computer Science/Information Technology/Computer Applications
- Mechanical Engineering
(iv) The details of the RAT Examination (if conducted) would be notified on the University website.
(v) The Screening Test (RAT) shall be waived off for the following applicants subject to the fulfillment of eligibility for entry qualifications and such applicants shall be allowed to appear in the interview directly:
a. Full time teaching staff of IGDTUW.
b. Applicants who have qualified UGC-CSIR-JRF/NET or qualified GATE and is having
a valid GATE Score or had been admitted to M.E. / M.Tech with a valid GATE Score.
(vi) All candidates taking admission in the Ph.D Programme shall be bound by the Ph.D. Ordinances and Regulations of the IGDTUW.
Online Application form can be downloaded from official website of IGDTUW New Delhi: Click here to download application form
Ph.D (Part Time) Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
For more details please contact
Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women
Delhi – 110006
Ph.D admission: [email protected] 01123900274
Leave your comments for IGDTUW New Delhi announces PhD (Part Time) Admission 2016comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on