Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
The Himachal Pradesh University will be conducting an entrance test on behalf of the Govt. of Himachal Pradesh for admission to Postgraduate Degree Course in Ayurveda - Ayurveda Vachaspati Ayurveda Dhanwantri i.e. MD/MS (Ayurveda) in Rajiv Gandhi Government Post-Graduate Ayurvedic College, Paprola, District Kangra (H.P.), an affiliated college of the University. The aspiring candidates who fulfilling the requisite qualifications and other conditions as given hereinafter can apply online only for admission to the course by using University website.
|Exam Name:||Himachal Pradesh University Shimla MD/MS Ayurveda Entrance Test|
|Commonly called as:||HPU MD/MS Ayurveda Entrance Test|
|Exam Level:||University Level|
|Conducting Institute:||Himachal Pradesh University (HPU), Shimla|
|Schedule for submission of online Application Form & Fee From||09. 06. 2016 to 21. 07. 2016|
|Last Date of Submission of Offline Application Form||27.07.2016|
|Date of uploading Admit Cards||16.08.2016 onwards|
|Date of Entrance Test||21.08.2016 (Sunday)|
|Displaying the Key Answers in University website||From: 23.08.2016 to 29.08.2016|
|Tentative Date of Declaration of Result||06.09-2016|
|Tentative Date of Issuance of Merit List||09.09.2016|
|Date of holding the first round of counselling||23.09.2016|
|Date of displaying the list of selected candidates for their admission process||24.09.2016 at 10:30 a.m|
|Tentative date for commencement of academic session||01.10.2016|
The candidates must possess following educational qualification and other conditions for seeking admission to the Post-Graduate Degree in MD/MS (Ayurveda) Course.
(i) BAMS Degree or any equivalent Degree of 5½ years duration (including rotatory internship)from a recognised University/Institution established by law in India latest by the date of counselling.
(ii) The candidate must be registered with Ayurveda & Unani Board, H.P. Shimla or must get himself/ herself registered within three months of
(iii) Regular Ayurvedic Medical Officers must have rendered five years of service including ad hoc service, if any, out of which at least three years service should be in rural areas or should have two years service in Hard/Tribal Areas.
(iv) Ayurvedic Medical Officers working on regular basis in the department of Ayurveda (H.P.) should have minimum 8 years of service left for superannuation after completion of the postgraduate degree.
(v) The definition of Ayurvedic Medical Officers will be Ayurvedic Medical Officers working on regular basis in Govt. of Himachal Pradesh.
(vi) The condition for grant of study leave for In-Service Ayurvedic Medical Officers will be as per policy of the State Government
The course of study for Post-Graduate Degree is given below
- Vachaspati/MD (Kayachikitsa)
- M.S.(Shalya Tantra)
- M.S. (Shalakya Tantra)
- MD (Samhita & Basic Principles of Ayurveda)
- MD(Prasuti Tantra & Stri Roga)
- MD (Ras-Shastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana)
- MD (Dravyaguna Vigyan)
- MD (Kaumarbhritya-Bal-Roga)
- MD (Swasthvritta & Yoga)
- MD (Rog-Nidan even Vikriti Vigyan)
- MD (Panchkarma)
A total number of seats available for admission is 39. 50% of the total seats i.e. 20 seats are H.P. State Quota seats (Group-I) and remaining 19 seats are All India Quota seats (Group-II). The subject wise seats distributed. Reservation for different P.G. specialities in both the groups on rotation basis for the year 2016-2017 Session will be as per Govt. policy i.e. SC 15%, ST 7.5% and OBC 12% and reservation roster for Group-I and Group-II.
(i) One seat will be reserved for physically handicapped (Locomotor Disorders). Separate merit will be drawn and such handicapped person will be placed in concerned Group & Category.
(ii) The counselling to fill-up All India Merit Quota (Group-II) will be conducted before the counselling for H.P quota (Group-I).
- All Bonafide Himachalies shall also be eligible for consideration on merit and choice for Group-II, All India Quota of 19 seats whether they apply for group-II or not. But for this benefit, they shall have to attend the counselling on the day when counselling for Group-II is held.
- Candidates of reserved categories i.e. SC/ST/OBC falling in general combined Merit in order of merit shall have the option to exhaust general seat or reserved seat of their concerned category in a particular department/speciality.
- The online application form as available in the H.P. University Website i.e. www.hpuniv.in are required to be filled up by the eligible candidates within the schedule prescribed for filling up online Application Form and Fee which will be w.e.f. 09.06.2016 to 21.07.2016. Thereafter, the link will be disabled.
- The desirous candidates are advised to be ready with a soft copy of passport size photograph and scanned copy of signatures in jpg. before filling online application forms. The printed copy of computer generated Application Form with attested/ self-attested photograph pasted on it and the copy of fee receipt is required to be sent through Speed Post to the Assistant Registrar (Entrance Tests), Room No. 10, Ground Floor, Administrative Block, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla-171005 or alternatively, it may be submitted to his office by the prescribed date i.e. up to 27.07.2016
- The Candidate shall fill-up the online application form properly and go through the information contained in the prospectus carefully before filling up the online application form.
- Incomplete application form in any respect shall be liable for rejection and no correspondence in this regard would be entertained.
- Sending Computer Generated Confirmation Copy, use any good quality White Envelope and write the address on it of the concerned authority of the University with the quote on the envelope “Application Form for MD/MS(Ayurveda) Entrance Test-2016” and then send it by Speed Post only, so as to reach on or before 27.07.2016 up to 5:00 p.m. to the following address :
The Assistant Registrar (Entrance Tests)
Room No. 10 Admin. Block (Ground Floor),
H.P. University, Summer Hill,
Shimla – 171 005 (H.P.)
Entrance Test ONLINE Application Fee:
|i) For General & Other Categories||Rs. 2200/-|
|ii) For SC/ST Categories||Rs. 1100/-|
The Entrance test shall consist of one written paper only in accordance with the syllabi of BAMS course in the following subjects:-
|Sanskrit||Padarth Vigyan||Ayurveda ka Itihas|
|Ashtanga Sangraha||Sharir Rachana||Sharir Kriya (five question each)|
|Dravyaguna||Ras Shastra||Agad Tantra|
|Vikriti Vigyan||Swasthvritta||Charak Purvardh (ten question each)|
|Kayachikitsa and Panchkarma (twenty questions each)||Bal Roga||Prasuti Tantra alum Stri Roga|
|Shalya Tantra||shala kya Tantra||Charak Utrardh (sixteen question each)|
|Current Affairs (seven Questions)||G.K. Himachal (three questions)|
There shall be one question paper of MCQ type having A,B,C,D series in English and Hindi version consisting of four section i.e. A, B,C,D for a duration of 3 hours . Each Section will be 50 marks and total marks of the paper will be 200. There will be no negative marking.
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
The result of all the candidates appeared in the entrance test will be declared and made available on the website of the University. No detail marks cards will be sent to the candidates. The candidates may see their marks on the University website. No. separate intimation will be given to the candidates in this regard.
H.P. University, Summer Hill,
Shimla – 171 005