Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), Delhi invites applications for admissions to M.Phil. (Psychiatric Social Work)for the academic year 2017- 18.
The admissions to the M.Phil. (Psychiatric Social Work) programme of studies in the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) is through common entrance test (CET) conducted by the University. This admission brochure is to be read in continuation of the previously notified admission brochure (and parts thereof) for the Academic Session 2017-18 and, other notices and circulars of the University notified from time to time. Only Indian citizens candidates are eligible for admission through this admission brochure.
Only CET qualified applicants shall be considered for admission, through the University counselling, subject to fulfillment of eligibility and admission criteria.
M.Phil. (Psychiatric Social Work)Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
|Start of application submission for CET||last week of June, 2017|
|Last date for application submission for CET||3rd week of July, 2017|
|M.Phil CET Exam||4th week of July, 2017|
|Declaration of M.Phil CET Results||4th week of July, 2017|
|Date of Interview/Practicals at GIMER-RML Hospital||1st week of August, 2017|
|Final Result||1st week of August, 2017|
|1st Counselling||1st week of August, 2017|
|2nd Counselling||2nd week of August, 2017|
The applications should be submitted on or before the last date. On the last date of application, the application can be submitted by 4.00PM only.
M.Phil. (Psychiatric Social Work)
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
- Minimum educational requirement for admission to this course will be M.A. degree in Social Work from a University recognized by the UGC with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate. For SC/ST category, minimum of 50% marks in aggregate is essential, as per GOI. Candidates with MA degree by correspondence course, part-time course or by distance education are not eligible.
- The CET shall be followed by an interview, of the qualified candidates of the CET, for admission to this programme. Weightage of marks will be
90% for CET and 10% for the interview and practical, as per RCI.
- The candidates shall be called in the ratio of 1 seat : 3 candidates for the purpose of the interview (category-wise).
- Schedule and venue of Interview and Practicals to be notified later by the Dean, University School Medical, Paramedical and Health Sciences.
- Applicants must appear in the CET conducted and the interview/practicals.
- Absence in any part of the CET, practical, interview shall make the candidate ineligible for admissions The admissions would be based on the merit / rank in the CET (all components) and the eligibility conditions.
- The application forms shall be available in the online mode only from the University Website.
- The last date of application may be extended for any programme or programme group for which a common entrance test is to be conducted by the University.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether he/she possess the requisite eligibility and qualifications for admission. Appearing for the written examination does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility.
- The applicants are advised that since the form filling as well as admit cards shall be made available through the online mode only, they must keep the details of their login id and the password secure and safe.
- Applicants should be careful in choosing the CETs that they apply for, as no change would be permissible after the application has been submitted.
- After the application for any CET is submitted, if there is any mistake in date of birth, spelling mistake in name of applicants or the parents name or in the choice of category claimed for the purpose of availing reservation, the applicant must submit an application in physical form (together with applicable processing fees of Rs. 500/-) to: Reception, Examination Division, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi.
- No separate intimation will be sent to the candidates regarding declaration of results and commencement of counselling/ admission. R
|M.Phil Registration Fee is||1000/- excluding processing charges & taxes|
M.Phil. (Psychiatric Social Work) Common Entrance Test Syllabus given below:-
- Sociology for Social Workers
- Dynamics of Personality and Human Behaviour Ecology,
- Environment and Social Work Social Policy and
- Social Welfare Administration Dynamics of Development Contemporary Social Problems Criminology and Corrections Community Health and
- Social Work Population Dynamics and
- Gender Issues Clinical Social Work Social welfare in India Women’s Welfare and
- Development Child Welfare and
- Development Management of development and welfare organizations
- Social work for senior citizens and differently abled Human resource management Community development Understanding Society Introduction to Economics Development Experience,
- Social Conflict and Change Human Development,
- Identity, Culture and Media Governance and Public Administration, Social Policy,
- Law and Social Work History
- Ideologies of Social Work
- Participatory Communication
- Quantitative Research
- Quantitative Research Community Organisation and Development
- Practice Family Social Work Community Health Disasters,
- Impoverishment and Social Vulnerability Social Work Research and Statistics General Psychology Understanding of Indian Society Social work with Groups Social Policy in India Community Organization Counseling and communication
- Social Development
- Computer Applications in Social Sciences Management of Social Service Sector Medical And Psychiatric Information and its relevance to Social work Practice Rural community development Tribal community development
- Life skills and soft skills Policies and programs- urban and rural Individual and society Human Rights,
- Social Justice and Social Work Disaster Management Management of Non-Profit Organisations Developmental/Therapeutic Counselling Rehabilitative and Correctional
- Social Work Persons with Disabilities and Equalisation of Opportunities Persons with Disabilities and Equalisation of Opportunities Dalits and Tribals: Social Justice, Equity and Governance Criminology and Justice Rural Development, Environment and Sustainable Livelihoods Urban Development: Unorganised Sector and Livelihood Social Work in the Field of Mental Health Social Policy and Planning Juvenile Justice and Youth in Conflict Social Work Research and Statistics
The Admit Card will be available online, 5 days before the date of the CET. The Admit Cards may be downloaded from the candidates individual account using log-in ID and password from the website which was used for filling up the application form.
No candidate will be allowed to enter the Examination Hall without the valid CET Admit Card, issued by the University
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
- Result will be declared on University Website.
- The University will declare and display the ranks of only those candidates who are declared as qualified in the CET-2017.
The candidates will be called for counselling/admission depending upon the number of seats available in each programme. The admissions will be made only out of these qualified candidates strictly in order of merit.
- Detailed schedule of first counselling/admissions indicating the number of qualified candidates to be called for counselling will be displayed on or before 5.00 p.m. on the University's Website (www.ipu.ac.in) one week (05 working days) prior to commencement of counselling. Venue of Counselling & list of institutions along with the intake in the respective programme/s for Academic Session will be notified on the University's Website before the commencement of counselling.
- The counselling processing fee shall be Rs. 1000/- (non-refundable). This fee shall be required to be paid by any (qualified) candidate desirous of taking admission.
For more details please contact
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Leave your comments for Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) announces Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) Admission 2017comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on