Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
The Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) Agency, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara is a Nodal Agency recognized by the UGC, New Delhi for conducting the Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) for Lectureship / Assistant Professor since 2002. Strictly adhering to the guidelines stipulated by the UGC-NET Bureau, Gujarat SET Agency , Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda is conducting State Eligibility Test to make rigorous merit based selection for the entry level of teaching profession. Currently GSET is conducting test in Twenty Three (23) subjects at Six (6) Examination Centers spread across the Gujarat State.
Candidates can get the full details of Gujarat SET Exam 2017 such as Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates and much more on this post.
The candidates who qualify the Gujarat State Eligibility Test for eligibility for Assistant Professor will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned Universities / Colleges / State Government of Gujarat State, as the case may be.
|Exam Name:||Gujarat State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Institute:||Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Baroda|
|Commonly called as:||Gujarat SET|
|Exam Level:||State Level|
|Stream:||Teachers Entrance Exam|
|Starting of Fee Collection||08 - 08 - 2016|
|Last day for Computerised Bank Challan Generation||31 - 08 - 2016(till - morning 08.00 hrs).|
|Last day for Fee Collection||31 - 08 - 2016|
|Last Day for Online Application Submission||03 - 09 - 2016|
|Gujarat SET Examination Date||25 - 09 - 2016|
|Gujarat SET Examination Results||25 - 09 - 2016|
- Only those candidates are eligible to appear in the GSET who have completed / are studying in the final year or semester of a UGC specified Master's degree.
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (General) (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Sciences are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer / Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Physically Handicapped (PH)/ Visually Handicapped (VH) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master's degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing in the final year at the qualifying Master’s degree examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for the Test.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in the GSET Examination.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master's degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiuweb.org)
- Candidates are required to appear for GSET in the subject of their Post Graduation only.
- There is no upper age limit.
- The candidates who have passed M.Sc. (by Research) are not eligible to appear for the SET Examination. As per the U.G.C. Rules.
- Candidate seeking admission to the Test must apply online through a link “REGISTER ONLINE FOR GSET EXAM" available on the GSET website: www.gujaratset.ac.in.
- It is compulsory to register online for GSET Examination immediately after downloading the computerised bank challan payment of the fee in the bank. No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
- Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the Scanned passport (pp) size photograph in JPEG format and should not be more than 100kb.
- The candidate is required to generate the Computerised Bank Challan to pay examination fee from the link available on GSET website home page. Candidates can deposit the requisite fee in any branch of Corporation Bank only, within the State of Gujarat or outside State of Gujarat, along with the Bank fee of Rs.25/- after 24 hours of generating the challan from GSET Website and Register online immediately after payment of the fee.
- Please note that Fee submitted through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
- After successful submission & confirmation, the candidate should take printout of filled online Application Form on A-4 size paper only The print out should be taken in POTRAIT orientation to have it in one single page. It is mandatory for the candidate to keep and preserve printout of filled online Application Form with him/her for future reference.
- The candidate should note that the printout of online Application Form, bank challan or any other certificate or document is not required to be sent to Gujarat State Eligibility test office, Vadodara before he / she is declared as qualified in the GSET Examination.
|General / Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-creamy layer) Candidates||Rs. 825/- [ 800 + 25 (Bank Fee) ]|
|SC/ST/PH/VH Candidates||Rs. 725/- [ 700 + 25 (Bank Fee)]|
|Centre Code||Centre Name|
Syllabus for GSET Examination will be the same as UGC / CSIR NET. Syllabi for all Gujarat SET (GSET) subjects can be downloaded from the GSET Website www.gujaratset.ac.in. GSET Agency, Vadodara will not send the syllabus to individual candidates.
The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held in two separate sessions as under:
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question|
|First||I||100||60 out of which 50 question to be attempted|
|First||II||100||50 questions all are compulsory|
|Second||III||150||75 questions all are compulsory|
- Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty (60) multiple choice questions of 2 marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any 50. In the event of the candidate attempting more than 50 questions, the first 50 questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
- Paper-II shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- All questions of Paper-II and Paper-III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options).
It may be noted that the hall ticket will be uploaded on the website www.gujaratset.ac.in 10 days prior to Examination day. No hall ticket will be sent to the candidates by post. The candidates should download their hall ticket from the website to ascertain their venue of the Test as mentioned in the Hall Ticket and appear in the examination only at the designated examination center. No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination center other than that allotted to him/her in the Hall Ticket.
Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET)
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
B - Block, "Chameli Baug",
Nr. University Guest House,
Prof. C. C. Mehta Road,
Vadodara 390 002