Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
GITAM University conducts Nursing Admission Test for admission into Nursing Programme for the academic year 2016-2017. GITAM Nursing Admission Test is also known as GNAT 2016 which will be held by GITAM University. Candidates can fill their GNAT 2016 Application form for admission into B.Sc Nursing as per schedule. All the details related to GNAT 2016 like application process, eligibility criteria, selection procedure and other important information can be read through this page below.
Candidates can get the full details of GITAM Nursing Admission Test (GNAT) Exam 2017 such as Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates and much more on this post.
Candidates seeking admission in B.Sc Nursing courses can fill their Application online from the official portal gimsr.gitam.edu or from the link given in below section. Admit Card for GNAT 2016 will be available to download after the application process has been done. Admission will be made on the basis of Marks obtained in the entrance test and counselling.
|Exam Name:||GITAM Nursing Admission Test (GNAT)|
|Conducting Institute:||GITAM University Visakhapatnam|
|Commonly called as:||GNAT|
|Exam Level:||University Level|
|Stream:||Nursing Entrance Exam|
|Commencement of Online submission of application||06 Sep 2016|
|Last date for submission of filled in online application||16 Sep 2016|
|Download of E-Hall-Tickets||18 Sep 2016 onwards|
|Date of Entrance Test||22 Sep 2016|
|Display of merit list||26 Sep 2016|
|Counseling for Admission||29 Sep 2016|
- Only female candidates are eligible.
- Candidates should have attained or shall attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on 31st December 2016.
- Minimum education:10+2 class passed with Science (PCB) & English Core / English Elective with aggregate of 45% marks from recognized board under AISSCE / CBSE / ICSE / SSCE / HSCE or other equivalent Board.
- The student shall be medically fit.
- Students appearing in 10+2 examination in Science conducted by National Institute of Open School with 45% marks.
The Tuition fees of Rs. 30,000/- (Rupees thirty thousand only) for 1st year B.Sc Nursing program has to be paid at the counselling centre by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of GITAM Institute of Nursing (College Receipts) payable at Visakhapatnam. The tuition fee also can be paid by mode of RTGS into the account of “GITAM Institute of Nursing (College Receipts)”, Account No. 761302010000151, Union Bank of India, GIMSR branch
(IFS Code:UBIN0576131), Visakhapatnam. Please Note that Cash / Cheques are not accepted for payment of fee
i. Prospectus: The candidate is required to go through the Prospectus available online carefully before filling of the online application form. Ensure that no column is left blank.
ii. Online Application Form: A candidate seeking admission through GITAM Nursing Admission Test (GNAT) - 2016 is required to fill up the Application Form available online at www.gitam.edu.
iii. Processing Fee: The processing fee of Rs. 300/- for submission of online application is to be paid through Debit Card / Credit Card (Master / VISA) which is not refundable. After successful payment, the candidate can download the receipt of the acknowledgment.
iv. Submission of Application: The last date for filling of online application is 16th September 2016. After successful payment through online for registration, the candidate will be given access to take a printout of the filled-in application form.
1. GITAM University, Gandhi Nagar campus, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam–530045.
2. School of Technology, GITAM University, Rudraram, Patancheru Mandal, Hyderabad, Telangana, Medak Dist. - 502329.
3. School of Technology, GITAM University, NH-207, Nagadenehalli, Doddaballapur Taluk, Bengaluru Rural District, Karnataka – 561203.
Syllabus can be downloaded from www.gitam.edu
GNAT-2016 will have one paper consisting of 100 Objective Type (Multiple Choice) questions from Biology (Botany & Zoology), Chemistry and Physics. The distribution of questions is:
|Subject||No. of Questions|
(Botany – 25 and Zoology – 25)
Medium of Language of Question Paper: English only
The hall ticket will be available on the website www.gitam.edu from 18th September 2016 onwards. In case hall ticket is not available on the website, she should immediately contact the Director, Admissions, GITAM University, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam – 530045 along
with Application No. through email: [email protected] or contact: 0891-2866555 / 0891-2730177.
The candidates are also advised to download the Rank Cards from the website after publication of results.
i. Based on the result of the GNAT-2016, merit list of the candidates will be displayed on the website on 26th September 2016.
ii. The Counseling for admission to B.Sc. (N) the program will be held at GITAM University, Visakhapatnam campus on 29th September 2016. Details of the
schedule will be intimated in the counselling call letter which can be downloaded from www.gitam.edu.
Those called for counselling have to report at the venue on 29 the September 2016 at 9.00 am along with the following documents/certificates in original:
- Counselling Call Letter issued by GITAM University.
- Proof of Date of Birth – SSC or Equivalent Certificate/Birth Certificate issued by Municipal Corporation/Revenue office indicating name and date of birth of the candidate.
- Pass certificate and Statement of marks of Intermediate / 10+2 examination from a recognized Central / State / AISSCE / SSCE/ HSCE / National Institute of Open School or other equivalent Board.
- Transfer and Conduct Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Recent passport size photograph (front pose) 6 copies.
- One set of self-attested photocopies of all the certificates
- Identity Proof (Aadhar card)
- Physical fitness certificate obtained from Govt. Medical Officer not below the rank of Assistant Medical Officer.
- It is mandatory for all candidates to be physically present i.e. in person for counselling on the scheduled day of the counselling.
Gandhi Nagar, Rushikonda,
Andhra Pradesh, India
Phone: (+91-891) 2790 101, 2790 202