GITAM Medical Entrance Test (GMET) is an yearly exam conducted for admissions to MBBS at Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM), Visakhapatnam
GITAM Medical Entrance Test (GMET) is conducted by GITAM University, Visakhapatnam.
Candidates can get the full details of GITAM Medical Entrance Test (GMET) Exam 2017 such as Application Form, Exam Pattern, Cutoff marks, Counselling, Syllabus, Important Dates and much more on this post.
About GATE Exam
| Exam Name:
||GITAM Medical Entrance Test (GMET)
| Conducting Institute:
||Gitam University, Visakhapatnam
| Commonly called as:
| Exam Level:
|| Medical Entrance Exam
GMET Exam Dates / Exam Schedule
|Last date for receipt of applications
||last week of August 2017
|Declaration of Merit List
||1st week of September 2017
||2nd week of September 2017
|Commencement of Classes
||3rd week of September 2017
Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
4 1/2 years & 1 Year Internship
- Candidates should have attained or will attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on the 31st December 2017.
- Candidates belonging to any State / Union Territory of India are eligible.
- Candidates must have passed Intermediate / 10+2 examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Botany and Zoology) / Biotechnology and a pass in English or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination from a recognised Central / State board & qualify in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test NEET - UG - 2017.
GMET Registration & Examination Fee Structure
|The fee for Online Registration and Entrance Test is
|Rs. 1,000/- for boys (Rs. 600/- for girls)
|The tuition fee is
|Rs. 17,16,000/- (Rupees seventeen lakhs and sixteen thousand only)
Payment of Tuition fee
The tuition fee of Rs. 17,16,000/- (Rupees seventeen lakhs and sixteen thousand only) for admission into 1st year MBBS program has to be paid at the counselling centre by way of Demand Draft of any scheduled bank drawn in favour of “GITAM Institute of Medical Sciences and Research (College Receipts)” payable at Visakhapatnam. The tuition fee also can be paid by mode of RTGS into the account of “GITAM Institute of Medical Sciences and Research (College Receipts)”, Account No. 534302010033501, Union Bank of India, GIMSR branch (IFS Code: UBIN0576131), Visakhapatnam. Please Note that Cash / Cheques are not accepted for payment of the fee.
How to Apply
- All applicants are advised to read the prospectus carefully before filling the online application form.
- While filling the online application, ensure that no column is left blank.
- Incomplete applications are liable for rejection.
- Applications not supported by payment of processing fee are liable for rejection.
- In the event of rejection of the application form, no information will be provided and no correspondence/ request for reconsideration will be entertained (Please refer the application status online).
- Applications received through online on or before 31st August 2017 only will be processed.
- Prospectus: The candidate is required to go through the prospectus available online carefully before filling the online application form.
- Online Application Form: Candidates seeking admission are required to fill the application form available on university website: www.gitam.edu
- Processing Fee: The processing fee of Rs. 1,000/- for submission of online application is to be paid through Debit Card / Credit Card (Master / VISA). After successful payment, the candidate can download the receipt of the acknowledgement.
- Mode of Communication: The candidate shall furnish the correct address, Email ID and Mobile number in the Application Form. The university will make communication by SMS / Email on given Mobile number / Email ID only. The University will not be responsible for incorrect address, Email ID and Mobile number. Hence while entering the details check properly.
- University fee: The annual tuition fee is Rs. 17,16,000/- (Rupees seventeen lakhs sixteen thousand only). The admitted student should pay the fee in the beginning of every academic year for the entire period. The candidate seeking admission into hostel shall apply and pay the necessary caution deposit, room rentals, incidental charges, establishment and mess charges.
Guidelines & Instructions to the Applicant
- A candidate can apply for admission to MBBS program 2017-18 through online only.
- Online submission of application can be accessed through the university website.
- Download the prospectus and read it carefully to understand the eligibility criteria and other requirements for submission of online application.
- The admission of the candidate is provisional and will be confirmed subject to the approval of the concerned statutory council.
- In case any candidate is found to furnish false information, his/her candidature will be rejected without further information.
- Candidates are advised to register only one application form. If any candidate registers more than one application, his/her candidature will be
Admit Card / Hall Ticket
Admit card download from university website.
The candidate should also download e-hall ticket from University official website.
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
The candidates are also advised to download the Rank Cards from the website after publication of results.
The GMET counselling process includes document verification, option entry, publishing of seat matrix, selection, seat allotment, fee payment and reporting to allotted college. Through counselling, the eligible candidates will be granted admission at Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM), Visakhapatnam.
Counseling for Admission
- The merit list of the candidate for admission into MBBS program will be based on NEET All India Rank obtained in the “NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (NEET)- UG - 2017” subject to the rule of reservation as per UGC guidelines / norms.
- The merit list of the candidates will be displayed on the university website on 1st week of September 2017.
- The Counseling for admission into MBBS program will be held at GITAM University, Visakhapatnam campus on 2nd week of September 2017.
Detailed schedule will be intimated in the counselling call letter which can be downloaded from www.gitam.edu
- Commencement of class work is scheduled on 2nd week of September 2017.
The candidates called for counselling have to report at the venue one hour before the scheduled time along with the following original documents / certificates.
- Counselling Call Letter issued by GITAM University.
- Proof of Date of Birth –SSC or Equivalent Certificate/Birth Certificate issued by Municipal Corporation / Revenue office indicating name and date of birth of the candidate.
- Pass certificate and Statement of marks of Intermediate / 10+2 examination from a recognised Central / State board.
- NEET (UG) – 2016 All India Rank card (Result copy of CBSE – National Eligibility cum Entrance Test - 2017).
- Transfer and Conduct certificate.
- Integrated Community / Caste certificate in case of SC/ST candidates issued by the competent authority.
- Medical Certificate by the competent authority in case of PH candidates.
- Physical fitness certificate obtained from Govt. Medical Officer not below the rank of Assistant Medical Officer.
- Recent passport size photograph (front pose) 6 copies.
- A Copy of Aadhar Card
- One set of self-attested photocopies of all the certificates.
- It is mandatory for all candidates to be physically present in person one hour before at the venue on the counselling day as mentioned in the call letter. No request for an authorised representative on behalf of the candidate will be entertained. If a candidate fails to come for counselling in person, in time, his/her candidature stands cancelled automatically.
Merit list for MBBS Admission Counselling 2016-17
Andhra Pradesh – 530 045.
Phone: 0891-2866 555, 2730 177,
E-mail: [email protected]
Do you have questions? Click here to Ask the IndCareer Community!