GITAM Dental College Hospital, Visakhapatnam invites applications for admissions to Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) for the academic year 2016- 17.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) is conducted by GITAM Dental College Hospital, Visakhapatnam.
The provisions contained in this set of regulations govern the policies and procedures on the admission of students, imparting instructions of courses, conducting examinations and evaluation, and certification of student’s performance leading to the BDS degree.
BDS Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
|Application form start||2nd September, 2016|
|Last date of submission application form||10th September, 2016|
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
Management Quota — NRI seats (C-categtory): 15
Interested candidates should fulfil following eligibility criteria:
- The candidates should have passed two years Intermediate (10+2 pattern) or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology and English individually and must have obtained not less than 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes and the Backward Classes the marks obtained shall be a minimum of 40% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. OC-PH candidates shall have obtained not less than 45% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
Age: Minimum age: Should have completed the age of 17 years by 31st December 2016.
- In addition, all candidates are directed to refer to DCI Revised BDS Course Regulations - 2007 and NTR University of Health Sciences Regulations, amended from time to time for eligibility and other purposes.
1. Go through Information Brochure carefully and acquaint themselves with all the rules, regulations and requirements for admission to BDS course under the management quota.
2. Acquaint themselves with eligibility conditions/criteria prescribed for admission.
3. Submit application duly filled in the prescribed form, given along with this Information Brochure. Each application form is allotted a serial number. Application submitted on a photocopy of application form will be summarily rejected.
4. Candidates seeking admission to seats under Management Quota (NRI Quota (C-Category) should apply on separate application form specifically meant for them.
5. Write complete address with Postal Pin Code, Telephone No., Mobile No., Email address if any, in Application Form. The candidate is required to mention in the postal address the district to which he / she belongs.
5. The candidates applying for admission, if found eligible, will be required to appear before Selection /Counseling Board for an interview at their own expenses at GITAM Dental College & Hospital, Visakhapatnam on a date and time fixed by the college.
6. Selection of candidates in all the categories shall be subject to production and verification of all the relevant certificates in original.
7. The counselling results will be available in the office of the Principal, GITAM Dental College & Hospital, Visakhapatnam for information and perusal of the candidates. The result will also be available on the website (www.gitamdentalcollege.org) and Notice Board of the college.
8. The Selection Board shall have the power to review the provisional selection in case of any bonafide error or lapse or mistake or fraud, misrepresentation or glaring injustice that occurs or is brought to its notice before completion of the selection process or after the selection / admission process and the selection list shall be amended accordingly. Mere figuring in the selection list will not confer any right to admission on the candidate if he / she is otherwise found ineligible on detection of such error / mistake / fraud / misrepresentation/ impersonation etc.
9. Any attempt by the candidate to secure admission through agents, by proxy and misrepresentation, will automatically render him/her ineligible for admission.
(i) Filled in application form, complete in all respects, shall be submitted personally at the office of Principal, GITAM Dental College & Hospital, Visakhapatnam- 530 045 from 9 AM to 4 PM against receipt (Acknowledgement Card) on or before the last date fixed for receipt of applications.
(ii). Application Forms received before 1st September 2016 and after 10th September 2016 by whatever mode, including registered and speed post will neither be entertained nor will those forms be returned to the concerned candidates.
1. Candidates for BDS course shall be selected strictly on the basis of their academic merit.
2. For determining the academic merit,
a) The marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology in the qualifying examination shall be reckoned.
a) In the case of a tie, the older candidate shall be given the higher place in the merit list.
Attested Photostat copies of the following certificates should be attached with the filled up application form strictly in the order given below.
a) Certified copy of the SSC or any equivalent examination showing the date of birth and other particulars of the candidate.
b) Certified copy of Memorandum of Marks of the qualifying examination making eligible for admission.
c) Study & Conduct Certificate.
d) Transfer Certificate from the institution where last studied
e) Migration Certificate (If applicable)
f) Equivalence Certificate (If Applicable)
g) EAMCET/MCET-AC-2016 / NEET Hall Ticket and Rank Card (If appeared)
h) Proof of Identity and Residence of NRI Sponsor.
i) Passport Size Photographs — 8 Nos.
For detailed information regarding the application procedure, applications, eligibility and other related information, candidates should refer the official notification. Please visit http://gitamdentalcollege.org/ for further reference.
For more details please contact
GITAM Dental College & Hospital
Visakhapatnam – 530 045
Leave your comments for GITAM Dental College Hospital, Visakhapatnam announces BDS Admission 2016comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on