Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), New Delhi invites applications for admissions to PhD Programs for the academic year 2017- 18.
PhD Programs is conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), New Delhi.
All applicants must appear in the appropriate CET for admission. Only CET qualified applicants shall be considered for admission, through the University counselling, subject to fulfilment of eligibility and admission criteria.
Ph.D Programs Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
|Start of application submission for all CET||2nd week of March, 2017|
|Last Date of Submission of Application Form||1st week of May 2017|
|Ph.D CET Exam Date||4td week of May, 2017|
|Ph.D CET Exam Date||Last week of May, 2017|
Ph.D Programs in following subject:-
- Information Technology
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Computer Applications
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Robotics & Automation
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical & Automation Engineering
- Chemical Technology
- Environmental Sciences
- Medicine & Paramedical Health Sciences
- Law and Legal Studies
- Mass Communication.
An applicant possessing any one of the following qualifications shall be eligible to apply for admission to the PhD programme in Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
- The minimum eligibility for admission shall be a Master’s Degree (M.Sc./M.A./M.Tech./LL.M./M.Ed./MBA/MCA) OR a post graduate degree approved by Association of Indian Universities/AICTE/ UGC/ NCTE/ Bar Council/ Pharmacy Council, or any other equivalent qualification in the relevant field with not less than 55% marks, with 5% relaxation for SC/ST and persons with disability, or as prescribed by UGC from time to time.
- For USM&PMHS applicants with MD/MS degree or applicants with MBBS degree with 55% or more marks in aggregate and a minimum of three years experience in a recognised Govt. Hospital/Organization shall be eligible for admission on the recommendation of SRC.
- Candidates who have cleared a national level examination like CSIR/UGC-NET-JRF/Lecturership, DBTJRF, ICMR-JRF, or equivalent fellowship shall be deemed to have qualified the University’s written test and can appear directly for an interview. Candidates who have appeared in the above examinations but are awaiting results may also apply.
- Foreign nationals who possess the educational qualifications as detailed in sr. no. (i) above, shall apply to the Director of International Affairs on a prescribed proforma, along with the application fee, translated and attested copies of certificates, passport and documents regarding curriculum and marks obtained in the qualifying exam, statement of purpose, research compatibility, financial support, language competency, etc.. Candidates will be shortlisted based on the criteria decided by the SRC of the concerned school.
- Perspective Research Candidate generally shall not have completed an age of 55 years at the time of submission of an application for admission to PhD Programme. A relaxation in the prescribed age beyond 55 years can, however, be recommended by the SRC/BOS with appropriate justification recorded and for final approval by the Vice-Chancellor.
All the candidates have to apply online for admission to the PhD programme by filling up the online application form as available on University website http://www.ipu.ac.in on the payment of Rupees One Thousand Only (1000/-) plus service charges and taxes as applicable as the application fee. Appearing in RAT is mandatory for those applicants who are falling under categories as mentioned at sr. No. 1 above, however, admit card
would be issued to all the applicants including the exempted applicants.
All the applicants need to download the admit card from the link used for filling up the application form using their respective login id and password. The applicants who are exempted from RAT should keep the admit card with them.
The same has to be produced at the time of interview for such applicants who are falling under the category as mentioned at sr. no. 2 above. All the candidates are advised to take and retain a printout of the duly filled in application form.
Instructions for filling up Ph.D. Admission Form:
1. The candidates must read all the important instructions before filling up the Application Form.
2. A detailed procedure for filling up the application form is available on University website http://www.ipu.ac.in under the link “Procedure to fill online application forms.”
3. The candidate should choose the “exam category” as “PhD” in the online application form.
4. The candidate should enter his or her relevant details and upload a current clear photograph of size as mentioned with his or her scanned signature and left thumb impression.
5. Relevant course for RAT should be chosen and payment of application fee of 1000/- (Rs. One Thousand only) plus service charges and taxes as applicable must be made online.
6. List of the various disciplines/ slots offered for PhD by various schools is available at University website http://www.ipu.ac.in.
|Ph.D Common Entrance Test Fee is||Rs. 1000/-|
All the applicants (falling under categories as mentioned at sl. no. 1 above) shall have to appear for Research Aptitude Test (RAT). RAT examination will comprise of two sections except for University School of Medicine & Para Medical Health Sciences (USMPMHS) as follows:
|Max. Marks||Duration||Type of Test|
|Section - I||200||1 hr||General Aptitude Test (GAT)
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
|Section – II||400||2 hr||Subject Specific Test* (SST)|
*Note: Subject Specific Test will also be of Multiple Choice Questions except for University School of Humanities & Social Sciences (USHSS). For USHSS 50% questions will be MCQ type and remaining 50% questions will be subjective type.
Duration of test will be 3 hours. Each correct answer of MCQ type question shall be awarded 4 marks and for the wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
(i) For University School of Medicine & Para Medical Health Sciences (USMPMHS), Research Aptitude Test (RAT) will be of 3 hours with both sections comprising of General Aptitude Test (GAT) (Multiple Choice Questions only).
(ii) In all University School of Studies (USS) RAT is a qualifying test and short-listing of candidates will be based on marks secured in RAT
(iii) The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview and final merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks secured in an interview.
For more details please contact
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Sector 16C, Dwarka,
Fax: +91-11- 25302111
Leave your comments for GGSIPU, New Delhi announces PhD Programs Admission 2017comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on